Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make sure you spam your favorite song lyrics in oOC and only speak in poetic verse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This user is a known troll please disregard his advise
This might or might not be true. But that doesn't mean you should ignore Skarlorn's advice. Spamming song lyrics in OOC is a time honored tradition among bards and should be encouraged. Speaking in poetic verse is annoying though. Please don't (or do if you are particularly talented). <3
Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Any zone “that you can swarm” kite people should not be leveling there anyways

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any zone “that you can swarm” kite people should not be leveling there anyways
Do you mind specifying these "no-go" areas for us non-bards? Wouldn't want to get in a fracas with the boys in blue.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

ie hotspots for groups you would never swarm in

Ie- crushbone
Missmore
Hhk
Com
Seb
Oasis (people might complain) those gators bro
Do people level in ot?

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

As a bard, I grouped to 18, get those basic melee and defense skills and basic group knowledge down first. Then I swarmed up to 54 with a long pause at 52 till I got my epic scales. I suggest OT, can go 18-30+ easily and quickly, when OT starts drieing up, hit FV and the drolvargs, then DL and the drolvargs, then BW and the bees, or CS and the wyverns, or TD and the raptors, or OOT and the cyclops. Or get back in a group, and show people what a good bard can do. Bard tanks FTW #SHIELDBARD!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

What I do is if I come to a new area and someone is witnessing me, I tell them I will donate this swarm purely to them, group with them, then let them collect half the xp for a few swarms. They become your friend for life. Some of them vanish forever in fact without a complaint. (I assume they just made a bard)
Old 03-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you mind specifying these "no-go" areas for us non-bards? Wouldn't want to get in a fracas with the boys in blue.
There's really only a few zones the majority of bards swarm in, obviously there are some exceptions that are dicks, but mainly it's

Pre-25: OT
25+: LOIO
30ish - 40ish: OT
30ish - mid 40's: FV
mid 40's - low 50's: DL
50+: BW
High 50's-60: DN

Some of those are ok xp with pretty much zero risk of dying for non-bards(back of KC in DL for example) so it's understandable some people level there, but even before the swarm nerf it was pretty easy to avoid swarming bards in my experience.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Just be courteous of other players in your zone and general area and you should be fine. If a group or player is XPing anywhere near an area I am either pulling from or swarming in I just send them a tell asking which mobs to / area they are hunting and what to leave alone for them. Doing it this way I have never run into an issue and players generally appreciate my taking the time to ask them and respect their kill zone.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Oh also, it's bad form to kill your swarm in the same area as another hard or where a group is hunting. It can cause major lag issues or major train issues if you die. And it's probably common sense but when you are pulling, don't pull your swarm directly through where others are hunting. It all basically comes down to being courteous of the players around you, and communicating if an issue does arise. Happy hunting and feel free to PM me and other hard questions you have!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

If a wizard offers to duo up and PBAoE the swarm, is the increased kill rate(?) worth the hit in xp?
Closed Thread