Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Class penalties are gone of course but race bonusses still apply
Last edited by Lildain; 03-17-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn’t this get changed in velious? Xp is no longer shared the same way in groups as it was in vanilla/kunark. Everyone gets the same xp now and therefore class/race with penalties will fall behind classes/races with/or no bonusses
No.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Right, the exp is distributed according only to the ratios of exp to next level for party members. This was done on purpose, expressly to prevent people that always hunted together from outlevelling each other. Your friend is cheating on ya.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Could be one is eating more Ds than the other.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class penalties are gone of course but race bonusses still apply
Penalties yes. Warriors get a bonus though, which was not removed AFAIK.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be one is eating more Ds than the other.
I thought you were just being a jerk at first until I realized "Ds" stood for deaths ...

Good point though.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-18-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks, all. We've been spending a lot of time in zones with higher ZEMs like Guk. I didn't realize the ZEM was multiplied into the formula. So, if I'm -20% (troll) and he's -5% net (ogre[-15%] + warrior[+10%]) our delta is 15%. BUT, multiplied by the ZEM 200% brings it up to about 30% which is pretty much where we are each level at an orange and a half difference. Makes sense now, I think.

Appreciate all the feedback.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouer2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, all. We've been spending a lot of time in zones with higher ZEMs like Guk. I didn't realize the ZEM was multiplied into the formula. So, if I'm -20% (troll) and he's -5% net (ogre[-15%] + warrior[+10%]) our delta is 15%. BUT, multiplied by the ZEM 200% brings it up to about 30% which is pretty much where we are each level at an orange and a half difference. Makes sense now, I think.

Appreciate all the feedback.

To clarify, the bonus and penalty are not additive. They're multiplicative according to the classic formula. Therefore ogre warrior is 3.5% more xp than baseline. Racial/Class bonuses are not multipliers to XP gained. You simply require less XP. Penalties multiply the required total XP to level. Again, level is determined by those breakpoints set against your total xp gained since level 1 (multiplied against the L step-up modifier). Hence hell levels resulted from a mathematical oversight, not by design. All this info is in the wiki.

.9 (Warrior bonus) *1.15 (Racial Penalty)-> 103.5%
Last edited by Jetlag; 03-19-2018 at 03:43 AM..
Old 03-19-2018, 03:37 AM
Aviak

Class/Racial penalties do not calculate into the XP earned from a mob. Only the amount of XP required for a level.

ZEM and mob level are the only factors for raw XP gain. That amount is mitigated if the mob is LB/Green.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

XP loss on deaths?
Closed Thread