Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-01-2022, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shows your lack of understanding. Necro/SK/Wizard/Druid/Bard/Ranger can all snare kite targets while the Rogue does maximum DPS.
Yeah, who is going to heal the Rogue when he inevitably gets hit. Can't do any dungeons either. IE Rogue is not top choice, I didn't say you couldn't make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk/Pally/Cleric/Sham/War can face tank (warrior may need root net or blind orb to reliably hold aggro, but still). Enchanter and Mage can pull a mob directly on top of their pet and root so the pet takes proximity aggro (need Earth pet for Mage, if not using root net).
I've never seen a mage pet take aggro over any player within melee range. Calling your bluff on that one. Sure you can make it work with those other classes, but none would choose Rogue as top choice.

Quote:
And while you might play the game solo 90% of the time, that wasn't the point of the thread. That's not an objective analysis.
I suppose you can read the OP's mind and tell me the point of his generic thread. Your guess is just as good as mine. So I formed a conclusion based on how I play.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
This shows your lack of understanding. Necro/SK/Wizard/Druid/Bard/Ranger can all snare kite targets while the Rogue does maximum DPS. Monk/Pally/Cleric/Sham/War can face tank (warrior may need root net or blind orb to reliably hold aggro, but still). Enchanter and Mage can pull a mob directly on top of their pet and root so the pet takes proximity aggro (need Earth pet for Mage, if not using root net).

And while you might play the game solo 90% of the time, that wasn't the point of the thread. That's not an objective analysis.
A rooted mob will aggro a PC over a pet regardless of proximity

Rogues are good.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Someone out here arguing that rogues are bad?
Your never lfg on a rogue long
Viable duo options,amazing trio options. Raid hero's, easy to gear
Rogues are amongst the best.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, who is going to heal the Rogue when he inevitably gets hit. Can't do any dungeons either.
The rogue doesn't get hit unless you're doing something wrong. You really don't seem to understand some game mechanics. They can take a couple hits regardless. You can definitely kite in some dungeons, run in a circle while the target is snared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rooted mob will aggro a PC over a pet regardless of proximity
The mechanic has been changed to not be classic then.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone should do 6 bards fear kiting indoors. Or 5 bards 1 ranger.

Would be fucking hilarious.
I did the fear-kiting thing with a mate on our bard/paladin duo. Amazing xp, and if you find the right spots, downright broken. Unrest, Kaesora, Tower of Frozen Shadow, Guk: all of it was doable and super good xp.

We're doing a bard/ranger combo now, untwinked for the extra challenge, and it's surprisingly solid. I'm not sure if an untwinked ranger can face-tank like a geared paladin can, so perhaps it will all come crashing down soon as we head into Mistmoore, Guk, and beyond [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2022, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The rogue doesn't get hit unless you're doing something wrong. You really don't seem to understand some game mechanics. They can take a couple hits regardless. You can definitely kite in some dungeons, run in a circle while the target is snared.
It's weird that that guy has seemingly been playing this game for nearly a decade and a half (maybe longer) and still doesn't understand this.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Rogues are legitimately good at taking hits. They’re a chain class with better defensive skills (with practice) than rangers and have small bonus to ac from agi

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-06-2022, 04:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue. Period. Mic drop. Elvis has left the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Power = DPS?
Power = self-reliance / soloability?
Power = desirability for group?

People are talking past each other because they mean different things for the same word, or just go off on tangents in their brain based on w/e they are thinking about.
This entire post, especially the part in bold.

My qualifications would be the three mentioned here and over all toolkit.

I said the rogue at one point in this thread, but after rethinking it, I would have to change my belief of the most UP class from rogue to ranger or warrior. Maybe both.

Ranger: The reasons are legendary at this point. Snare, tracking and SoW don't overcome those reasons.

Warrior (possibly): No run speed, no root, no sow, terrible dps, no snare, no invisibility of any kind, nary a quality of life tool and can't hold aggro to save your life, their primary function.
Last edited by Questors; 07-06-2022 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Warrior (possibly): No run speed, no root, no sow, terrible dps, no snare, no invisibility of any kind, nary a quality of life tool and can't hold aggro to save your life, their primary function.
Jboots/sow pots, root nets, sow pots, DPS is actually decent, scepter of forlon, cobalt greaves/indicolate BP/ring of shadows/invis pots, slow clicky hammer....

Oh wow, it's like a ranger but better.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

I hate most clickies, especially because they were more rare in actual Classic, but now everyone gets them. Abilities should be restricted to certain classes. Warriors essentially gaining a bunch of spellcasting abilities via clickies is wrong. Although even without them they can't be considered the weakest class (despite being the most boring), thanks to their very good raw stats and being the best raid tanks.