Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiriom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I absolutely love what you've done, it gives the game an entirely new feeling, couple things I've noticed like others, saw a bear that had no face, and also wondering if the chain/banded seemingly having no chain on the sleeves and legs is deliberate. I haven't tried the smaller character file yet because I don't want to give up too much quality, I'll update if I find more, so far environments seem flawless though
Bears will be fixed, working on the chainmail now. I've done a lot of manual touch ups. Thank you for the feedback and keep it coming!
Old 11-21-2019, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayn55 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice work! I'll give it a run and let you know how it goes.
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a heads up, for some reason, LFAY still has all the old textures. It is not reskinned. I don't know how that happened. (sorry been adventuring looking at all the zones) Not trying to add more to your plate, just a heads up.
No thank you very much for letting me know. And please take screen shots of your adventures, there's so much I haven't seen IN game, just editing outside. Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2019, 07:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpoiuy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, the new Global Character file link seems to be broken.
Hmmm, well actually I'm working on a new one because there was some issues. I got a really nice one finished, but it was just.. too hd looking with out any character. I will get this new one out asap.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Large Bat

Tried the smaller file, def going back to the original all though it does crash me in Freeport, seems like a city thing. Also forgot to mention with the chain was for humans, chain on barbarians and others looked really nice. Any chance we get the new char file up tonight ?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:10 PM
Kobold

Alright guys, here's the new download. Now this is ~90MB and I went through each damn file haha. So, please let me know if you see issues with any race/armor combination. Almost 50, so I should be able to fix the other issues once I'm done grinding. As always THANK YOU!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5op9zfciz...Models.7z?dl=0
Old 11-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiriom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried the smaller file, def going back to the original all though it does crash me in Freeport, seems like a city thing. Also forgot to mention with the chain was for humans, chain on barbarians and others looked really nice. Any chance we get the new char file up tonight ?
Ask and you shall receive!
Old 11-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Kobold

What do you guys think of me messing with spell colors etc?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:13 PM
Large Bat

Spell colors would be cool, especially for things that share the same spell effect, btw just logged out and re copied spell effects because I noticed bard str song had no effect now, not sure what caused that since it was good last night and only changed the global character file today
Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Large Bat

Still crashing in Freeport with the new file, will add that I never bothered uninstalling EQ HD or the 4x character textures, figured yours would be replacing all of those files, should I fresh install everything? I know you said not to put in main install but I'm a rebel, also I fixed the bard spell effect by deleting my spell folder and recopying it so no issue there, Do you think the crashing could be a memory thing with the old client? I have the shortcut running in xp compatibility mode which fixed a crash I was getting after first installing
Last edited by Tiriom; 11-21-2019 at 11:03 PM..