Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the beauty of letting the winner decide the fate of the quest piece. It accommodates NBG and greed players equally. Which, together, accounts for 99.95% of the player base. And would also benefit players who actively destroy quest rewards like Skarry and myself.
Ya but my point is the collective (and I admit I'm speaking for others here, but it seems to be the sentiment that drove this entire drama) wants to help the need players but doesn't want to help the greed players. I'm always more happy to see someone who shows up repeatedly finally win a roll and get the item they want and be done with the nonsense that is this stupid camp/mob/quest/whatever than I would be to see the same person show up to every one of these because it's the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket twice a day.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

I personally think people who sell this bottleneck quest are scum but I swear to god I'll burn this down to defend their right to do so. This isn't coordinating a dragon raid... A raid leader has a legitimate right to dictate loot distribution. This is literally a rando making STRONG rules about small group content.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Your point is you are upset Aikons won a roll and are now crying about it. He plays EQ more than just about anyone I know and if he wants to camp Scout you should not be able to tell him he cant. I also gurantee he didn't/doesn't need your kill force as he is able to rally his own troops fairly easily
Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Why does one person deserve it over the other exactly? What entitles one person who is there exactly the same amount of time as another person to loot? Because they didnt win yet? Both people have put in the same effort to this. If one person convinced their whole cadre of 20 people to show up, thats even more effort. YOu know how hard it is to convince a group of 20 people to do something for you with no benefit to themselves? Based on this that person rolling 20 deep would deserve it more.

You see how doing this with a bias doesnt work?

I feel like I deserve a fungi. I have camped it many hours and have actually won 0 of them because of shitty rolls. If I show up and say "Hey, I didnt win this even though Ive camped it 50+ hours, so next one belongs to me" will everyone agree? Hell to the no.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think people who sell this bottleneck quest are scum but I swear to god I'll burn this down to defend their right to do so. This isn't coordinating a dragon raid... A raid leader has a legitimate right to dictate loot distribution. This is literally a rando making STRONG rules about small group content.
This. I honestly dont like people selling disk rights, but its their RIGHT to do so since they won roll.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your point is you are upset Aikons won a roll and are now crying about it. He plays EQ more than just about anyone I know and if he wants to camp Scout you should not be able to tell him he cant. I also gurantee he didn't/doesn't need your kill force as he is able to rally his own troops fairly easily

Yeah exactly. I'd be just as happy with kill rights and find my own force. If you're helping out with the kill out of the kindness of your heart, good for you. But if you wanna push your values on me while you're doing it, fuck off. I'll get my friends to help me.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

I'll be honest I'm a little surprised to say I think the pro-greed guys are winning me over. I DO fully agree that people showing up to the lottery that don't need it are pretty scummy but it seems to happen so rarely. MOST people are there in good faith that they need the item and that's honestly good enough for me. All that means is that I will probably keep a character there with some tools so I can keep logging in for these even tho I've won on my main already. Might as well help the guildies out or gear up some alts if I can.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Look at all the posts about "wtb disc" "you don't have friends ready" ect. These people are plat rich, have more than most and above all bored. They suggest things to benefit themselves/guilds exclusively, their members are willing to shitsock/dickbaggery to waste everyone's time, lock you out of loot and charge stupid prices then fuck with the markets like a big ol phat cats. Did I mention they need that disc market to spend that plat sitting around and gear their 5th alt on 3rd account faster than you?

From what I have heard scout is not that bad of a camp so why the fuck would people be campaigning to change that?

follow the plat
Old 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You cant just start saying who gets what loot. Everyone rolls, anyone can get the loot. Fair is Fair is Fair.
this a good idea. i have lots of alt plans that could use some funding. it would be even better if they could earn it themselves.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Banned

i support aikons
Closed Thread