Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-27-2023, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

This is a subjective thread so ymmv but Necros don't need gear, I would think a solo self found build would actually want to really notice and get excited about those gear upgrades. You can go iksar necro and pretty much level with naked/cloth until 60 like it's nothing. A melee is going to appreciate that sweet new weapon/bp much more than a necro would.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar SK's and shamans make for especially good self-found solo runs because of the class quest armors that you can mostly do around the levels they're still good, or at least you could back when more of the server was lower lvl and the stuff you need was being regularly killed. Not sure what it's like now. Shaman has the ability to camp some good gear. SK is going to have trouble finding a good weapon at a reasonable time unfortunately, but if you're grouping and tanking it doesn't matter too much, just use your khukri.

Iksar SK is my favorite untwinked melee to run.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Yeah I can totally see that actually. Iksar necros have the skullcap quest too but that item kinda sucks for the work it takes.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

As someone who has tried true SSF (no player trading allowed), melees and tanks are not fun, since you can't buy a good cheap weapon. Even if you are able to get banded as a tank or melee, your damage output would be horrible vs a noob who just joins P99 and runs to EC and gets handed a free weapon.

I would say for true, 100% SSF a shaman would probably be the best choice since all you need is a Gatorsmash Maul and Banded armor (shaman can craft banded armor the best - ogres can earn mad coin from level 1-5 to help fund this) to get to level 50 and then you can farm really good gear to go higher levels. Druid would be harder to farm good WIS gear, but possible (some WIS drops are only level 25-30 ish).

Necros close second
Last edited by skorge; 03-29-2023 at 07:59 AM..
Old 03-29-2023, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar SK's and shamans make for especially good self-found solo runs because of the class quest armors that you can mostly do around the levels they're still good, or at least you could back when more of the server was lower lvl and the stuff you need was being regularly killed. Not sure what it's like now. Shaman has the ability to camp some good gear. SK is going to have trouble finding a good weapon at a reasonable time unfortunately, but if you're grouping and tanking it doesn't matter too much, just use your khukri.

Iksar SK is my favorite untwinked melee to run.
You can't group in SSF, hence the word "solo." But yea, you nailed it when you said it's hard finding a good weapon. As SSF it means you can't accept items from other players which means you can't sell or buy from others. You can only use items you loot, craft, or buy from vendors.
Old 03-29-2023, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanter b/c you can actually get to / camp stuff thats decent gear for your level
Can level naked w/ animations til you get high enough to camp some basic cha and hp gear.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't group in SSF, hence the word "solo." But yea, you nailed it when you said it's hard finding a good weapon. As SSF it means you can't accept items from other players which means you can't sell or buy from others. You can only use items you loot, craft, or buy from vendors.
ah my bad, misinterpreted what was meant by solo

Yea, SK would be an exercise in masochism in that case
Old 04-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

You first have to eliminate all classes that can solo with zero gear. Cause what fun is it to self find all this gear that is mostly meaningless. Oh boy I got more mana, but I don't get hit anyhow, so yay that makes it more fun.... NOT. Then I think for the majority of folks Warrior and Rogue is not going to be a fun SSF character. So that leaves Paladin, Shadow Knight, Ranger, Monk as your choices. All equally fun in solo self found, I can't rate one over the other.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You first have to eliminate all classes that can solo with zero gear. Cause what fun is it to self find all this gear that is mostly meaningless. Oh boy I got more mana, but I don't get hit anyhow, so yay that makes it more fun.... NOT.
um...ok?
Old 04-03-2023, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um...ok?
Umm... ok back at ya lol