Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

any warrior race wont be able to hold aggro as good as hybrids in the low/mid lvls in classic.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any warrior race wont be able to hold aggro as good as hybrids ever
fixed
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Kobold

That stamina difference is maybe 200hp? altogether at 50. Not a huge difference, so lets not centralize that as being the main issue. This thread is about as casual gamer as it gets. You can still play any race you want to for your Warrior, but an Ogre is a power gamer route.

Most warriors are dual wielding Short Sword of Ykesha's at level 50. So yes, warriors are pretty proc reliant. However, no matter how high your dexterity; you will run into points where it just seems like your weapons wont proc for you. Which leads me to my first argument.

Slam seems to be a neglected tool in this thread. Slam is a timed stun, which is a huge benefit. Yksesha proc has something like a .5 second stun with a 75 direct damage spell when it procs. Slam can last up to 4 seconds (I believe?) and causes a bit of damage. That just sounds like a weak ass Ykesha proc to me, what do you think? Having a timed one is just a huge advantage.

Frontal Stun Immunity on an Ogre (although not currently working..) is a huge advantage. Warriors, Hybrids, w/e cannot hold aggro when they are stunned. Thats just common sense. So if you arent getting stunned, you are constantly building threat/hate. During that time halfling warrior is stunned, the ogre warrior could slam/proc/shit in its face.

An ogre warrior SHOULD hold better aggro than any other race within the game. Its been proven quite a few times. That wood elf warrior that has the skill of a god right now would be Zeus as an ogre. You can still tank anything as any other race, but denying the obvious benefits of being an Ogre is stupid. You gotta face it, EverQuest was not designed around being equal for everyone. Now if I could just get over being a Huge ass ogre in a small ass dungeon... Id play one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] haha
Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now if I could just get over being a Huge ass ogre in a small ass dungeon... Id play one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] haha
This right here!

Classic dungeons are the single reason why shrink spells exist and why every troll and ogre needs to have a shaman friend in tow where ever they go.

Almost makes you wonder if shrink was an after thought when they were finalizing the game and realized what they had done to large races.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This right here!

Classic dungeons are the single reason why shrink spells exist and why every troll and ogre needs to have a shaman friend in tow where ever they go.

Almost makes you wonder if shrink was an after thought when they were finalizing the game and realized what they had done to large races.
Ogres and trolls and whatnot all had ultravision methinks, so they had a slight bonus in dungeons compared to, let's say, humans. Imo classic had alot more thought going on in it. =X
Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Infravision

Only Dark Elves had Ultravision.
Closed Thread