Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-30-2022, 09:08 AM
Banned

If you are offended about 'cultural appropriation" I literally have no time for u and u r probably a racist who thinks cultures shouldn't mix, change, or merge. Or share. Or whatever.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s check just gun violence per country per capita

Surely the US has to be leading there, right, with all our evil guns everywhere?

“Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019

El Salvador — 36.78
Venezuela — 33.27
Guatemala — 29.06
Colombia — 26.36
Brazil — 21.93
Bahamas — 21.52
Honduras — 20.15
U.S. Virgin Islands — 19.40
Puerto Rico — 18.14
Mexico — 16.41”

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ths-by-country

Hey, where’s the USA??!
This site also provides data about suicide rates which is why I mentioned it is literally the only area that gun policy would be likely to have a statistically significant increase in safety, because of the nature of suicide and the unique convenience of a gun in hand.

But evangelical true believer religious persons like Horza and Loramin can't be fooled by reality when it comes to their belief in a fear of guns. It's part of their identity and it would take something directly impacting their personal lives to have any chance of redirecting their fervent passions. Stats like you posted above are easy to find, just like basic stats (not robust popular studies) about the impact of total disarmament in England.

It's a nuanced discussion that is not easy to have when everyone has their eyes clenched closed and their fists are flailing.

In the USA a popular but misleading stat to say is something like "we have 10 school shootings a year!!!" but 10/10 of those are a gun going off in a school parking lot. The exceptions are cases like the one that started this thread, that we all talk about. It's not like there are mass murders that go under the radar. This is bread and butter for the news outlets and not a single event of this nature goes unreported. So data, even the link above can certainly be collected in a way to make the statistics less straight forward than they seem. This is a basic life skill that seems commonly swept aside when it comes to these kinds of arguments because everyone just starts throwing flak around to dodge actual discussions.

The reality is that democrat and republican leadership don't give a shit about public safety, not about school safety and not about childrens safety, especially not about public school children. We had robust opportunities to make policy in one way or another when both parties captured the presidency and both houses and both parties did absolutely nothing with it. Status quo is the goal. Your kids losing your lives are just collateral damage, and they don't give a fuck. They're happy to see you abandon your rights though, so maybe if you do that you can appease your overlords.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 05-30-2022 at 12:59 PM..
Old 05-30-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
...when everyone has their eyes clenched closed and their fists are flailing.
Yeah this isn't the actual reason people mass kill at all. It's gotta be the guns.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality is that democrat and republican leadership don't give a shit about public safety, not about school safety and not about childrens safety, especially not about public school children. We had robust opportunities to make policy in one way or another when both parties captured the presidency and both houses and both parties did absolutely nothing with it. Status quo is the goal. Your kids losing your lives are just collateral damage, and they don't give a fuck. They're happy to see you abandon your rights though, so maybe if you do that you can appease your overlords.
Precisely. If their goal is to disarm an increasingly agitated populace, all they have to do is nothing at the rate things are going

That or it all goes the other way and armed insurrection breaks out, but they've scored the lines on that one and the breaks will go as expected: political party loyalty (just look at this forum) and/or race. Plus, they don't have to worry about their safety all that much, that's what cops and militaries are for, to protect people like them

No war but the class war
Old 05-30-2022, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm class war? I dont think so. It's the guns and I will go to war with your (our) class over it.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:35 PM
Banned

Who’s weak?

This guy looks like a terminal Stage 4 cancer patient
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E7EE81C4-F8D6-42C5-B028-A52DAB3DF3E2.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2022, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Some big guy was screaming at me trying to fight yesterday because he thought I stole his parking spot and all I could think about was how he would ruin my life if I didn't just let him scream at me.

I need a gun to protect myself from the regular people that go grocery shopping in this fucked up psycotic country people call a developed nation.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some big guy was screaming at me trying to fight yesterday because he thought I stole his parking spot and all I could think about was how he would ruin my life if I didn't just let him scream at me.

I need a gun to protect myself from the regular people that go grocery shopping in this fucked up psycotic country people call a developed nation.
Realistically if he’s fat you could just outrun him. He might try to fuck up your vehicle you left behind if you did though

Did the right thing though, that’s what I woulda done. “Sorry man, you’re right I’m sorry” yadda yadda what they want to hear. Getting into a fight and winning it decisively is still losing once court gets involved
Old 05-30-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone is out there going warewolf.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

@duik

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]