Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhorroryes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
scamming item transfers bannable? is that classic?
Nah, they never suspended you or took your items but I think thats just because they were lazy
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Xerker - Up coming 24 Mage - I hold items like a mofo.

let me know if I can help.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lately there have been people being trustful of handing over very valuable items to people they hardly know. In return these people are not giving the items back.

NEVER trust anyone to "hold" your items to give to another toon of yours UNLESS you know them. I don't mean " I met him the other day, he seemed cool as I buffed him in ec". A trusted guild member, or someone you personally know.

NEVER trust someone to "escrow" anything UNLESS you know them.

It is a huge pain in the ass to track these people down and ban them for scamming. I want to ban them since they are scum, but it's very time consuming and not the easiest thing in the world to track down.

Just don't do it.

Or even Account sales. It's 100% risk on you to do this. This is also why we don't endorse people selling their accounts.
bump

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Skeleton

Default I had trouble in a trade

I bought Bloodstained Mantle off this person thought I gave her the money cause it isnt in my inventory and I got it on an alt right there I could have given the money by accident to another person who was crammed right next to her I offered to give the Item back a guild member offered to pay her the money I think I tried my hardest to resolve the issue hope I dont get into trouble for this since I tried to resolve the problem like an adult
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Banned

Seems like some people have so much plat they do not care. I had a guy hand me 3.5k for an item he wanted me to give to his rogue. I thought he was nuts.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Orc

Just wanted to drop a quick note on this thread:

Back on classic, I remember being scammed two separate times, once for a fungi tunic. After both times of being scammed, I petitioned and eventually a GM would get back to me. What they said, and I believe this was the universal rule for trades back in classic was, "All trades are considered final."

Now, obviously I was quite unhappy with this response so while speaking with a GM about my stolen fungi tunic, he told me the intent of this rule was to make the world of Everquest more complete and singular, even to the extent of having its own laws.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

Thankfully this never happened to me in live, I chalk that up to being a distrusting jerk :P Had heaps of people come up to me though and just hand me loads of items to transfer. Pretty sad that there's an increase in scams like this lately though, most of the P99 community I've met has been stellar.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Same i traded over 20K worth of Bags/Tradeskill supplies over for a guy on my 2nd day on the server heh...
Old 08-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Old 08-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

nm i misread