Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

So what you're telling me....is I could actually get my epic? Golem tear is the only real bottleneck in the entire quest right?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what you're telling me....is I could actually get my epic? Golem tear is the only real bottleneck in the entire quest right?
Yes, Child's Tear is the bottleneck. The problem is I don't think Green will act the same way towards pre-revamp Golems as Blue did. Back when Blue was in the pre-Fear revamp phase, there were less people playing, and less power gamers. Most people didn't realize how much more contested Golems would become after the revamp, and how much rarer tears would become. People also didn't know when the patch would come out. Because of this, Child's Tears weren't hoarded very much, and any Shaman playing at the time could get one easy.

The odds of this happening on Green seems slim to me. Everybody knows what will happen now, there are a lot more players, and pre-revamp Fear will not last as long. My assumption is Child Tears are going to be hoarded on Green, and highly contested. The returns on the investment are just too good.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:20 PM
Kobold

A lot of great info in this post. Ive been following along so far. Got Iksar BP, Sow Boots, PWC. Just hit 35 and went to get a Fungi staff. The price has shot way up! They are now around 17k. Anyone know why? I thought they ran about 12k or so.

I am Iksar so I wont be getting JBB but it seems they have shot up in price as well. 60k for JBB now! No Thanks.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:52 PM
Orc

It's been years since I did my epic but I recall back in 2016-17 that Child's Tear MQ's were about 30k and I believe it was because the golems spawned more regularly than they do now. I remember this because I was new to the server and could not get my hands on 30k for a tear and ended up having to wait a while longer to get mine.

Can anyone confirm if I'm remembering this correctly?
Old 01-21-2021, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic Utensil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been years since I did my epic but I recall back in 2016-17 that Child's Tear MQ's were about 30k and I believe it was because the golems spawned more regularly than they do now. I remember this because I was new to the server and could not get my hands on 30k for a tear and ended up having to wait a while longer to get mine.

Can anyone confirm if I'm remembering this correctly?

We were discussing this earlier in the thread. Plane of Fear 1.0 Golems didn't drop anything other than Child's Tear, and I believe they were on the same respawn timer as trash mobs (8 hours). This is why Child's Tears were easier to get back then. There was no reason to kill them other than Child's Tear, so they weren't very contested.

With the Fear revamp, Golems got a lot of loot from Cazic Thule to make him less of a bottleneck, and they changed the Golem spawn timer to 3 days. Once that happens, Child's Tears become hard to get due to everyone wanting Golem loot, and less Spawns per week.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Currently level 37. Would it make sense to sell my ikky BP and get a fungi staff? Then at 46, sell the fungi staff for a JBB?
Old 01-31-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablackgoku1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently level 37. Would it make sense to sell my ikky BP and get a fungi staff? Then at 46, sell the fungi staff for a JBB?
First of all, JBB is clickable at 45, not 46.

Fungi Staff would be an improvement over Iksar BP in terms of saving mana for you. Shamans get Chloroplast at level 39, so your total HP regeneration will be the same (10 from buff plus 5 from Iksar BP vs 15 from Fungi Staff buff).

Fungi Staff does snare you, so I generally suggest you get Fungi Staff after you acquire Black Fur Boots. This way you can quickly switch between Regeneration and SoW. This is one reason why I generally suggest getting Iksar BP first, then Staff later, because it gives you more time to get the Black Fur Boots.

If you will only be able to afford Fungi Staff or Iksar BP in the near future, just stick with Iksar BP for now, unless you are comfortable with trading movement speed for extra mana savings, or you already have Black Fur Boots. You could have SoW on bar all the time as well with Fungi Staff if you do not have Black Fur Boots, but that will make it harder to have all your necessary spells memed.

However, if you primarily level in dungeons, where you won't be able to SoW yourself anyway, then Fungi Staff would be the better item to use until 45. You will get all of the extra benifits Fungi Staff offers, without needing to worry about swapping between Regen and Snare.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Thanks, looks like I'll keep the BP for now.
Closed Thread