Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Banned

Default Decided with Half Elf Warrior

Hey all,

this is a follow up to:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=367212

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=373249

where I try to find the coolest looking warrior race while trying to stay somewhat viable

Currently, I'm raiding on my druid and plan to switch to a warrior sometime in the future

Out of all the warrior races, I finally decided to roll with half elf.

Compared to wood elves and dark elves, half elf seems to be the better choice.

I would go as a human again but I want to be unique.

So for half elf warrior: I put my stats 20 in stam and 5 in strength and chose bertox

for coolness points

Will this work out? what do reccomend? Should I change my starting stats?

Any cons to half elf?

Thanks all =)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will this work out?
there are 250 class/race/religion combinations on p99 and i can't think of a single one that 'doesn't work'
you're overthinking this, you fully know that all that will matter at this point is the time you are willing to sink into this character.

bertoxxulous half elf warrior is super fine.
you'll be fine.
20 STA 5 STR works.
fashionquest up and log in for some rat whacking!
Old 01-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

You’ll be great and definitely the coolest looking at end game.

Must buy weight reduction bags and stack +str gear for quality of life. Medium armor is heavy and you will get weighed down quick. Now sounds like you’ll have some equipment starting out so won’t need to carry all those loots like my poor butt so maybe irrelevant.

I can count on 1 hand all the half elf warriors I’ve grouped with post 50. Can’t tell you how many gnomes, halflings, wood elves etc. there are. Dark elf is also not super common but argueably the toughest path. Focus on haste + white DPS + in addition to your proccing weapons.

Also remember charisma is min/max for a warrior, so you’re sitting pretty (pun!?) with those good half-elven looks.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’ll be great and definitely the coolest looking at end game.

Must buy weight reduction bags and stack +str gear for quality of life. Medium armor is heavy and you will get weighed down quick. Now sounds like you’ll have some equipment starting out so won’t need to carry all those loots like my poor butt so maybe irrelevant.

I can count on 1 hand all the half elf warriors I’ve grouped with post 50. Can’t tell you how many gnomes, halflings, wood elves etc. there are. Dark elf is also not super common but argueably the toughest path. Focus on haste + white DPS + in addition to your proccing weapons.

Also remember charisma is min/max for a warrior, so you’re sitting pretty (pun!?) with those good half-elven looks.
I don't really plan to raid hardcore for my warrior so I won't be putting charisma into

my build
Old 01-12-2021, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

+1 good haha

For what it’s worth I have a ogre warrior, and regularly feel completely inadequate next to a well geared small race warrior (friggen halfling in our sister guild has Jaelen’s katana https://wiki.project1999.com/Jaelen%27s_Katana)

I’ll also offer that playing warrior is a labor of love and if you don’t plan to raid, could be a labor in vain. It’s really hard to keep aggro against some of these melee twinks and you will feel frustrated a lot in pick up groups. Playing a knight is definitely easier and you have so many options to deal with problems. Would never steer you away from Warrior, but it’s really most fun during a raid. That feeling of calling assist and the whole army rushes in, oooh it’s something else.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

When going half elf there are two important considerations:

1) What races blood is it that muddies the purity of your elven lineage? The answer to this will inform both where you place your starting stats, and inform how you may answer the next question.

2) What deity will you follow. This is a very important question as it will inform many of your role play decisions, which ultimately is what this game is about.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

The Half-Elf mask off Inny 2.0 is awesome. So that's something to look forward to.

As a Half-Elf w/ Bertox (very flavorful) you might be a slightly hated everywhere, but maybe you can do some leveling in the aqueducts which is neat.

A Human Bertox might be a little more flexible faction-wise, but won't have infra-vision so even trade imho.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

A good race with an evil religion is a great way to be surprisingly non KOS in a lot of evil places. Religion plays a huge role in starting faction, more than race it would seem.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good race with an evil religion is a great way to be surprisingly non KOS in a lot of evil places. Religion plays a huge role in starting faction, more than race it would seem.
All Faction Information

https://pastebin.com/raw/EXkdMT1W
Old 01-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for that
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread