Old 11-23-2020, 09:04 PM
Banned

so the games called Everquest but the quests don’t work, on purpose
sounds like a cool game
(LOL)
Old 11-23-2020, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so the games called Everquest but the quests don’t work, on purpose
sounds like a cool game
(LOL)
damn that's crazy man

but who asked
Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2F7D978F-A1A3-4F26-AC9B-02C0692AAFC2.jpg (13.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

I went with this chick I was dating to an amusement park with her YMCA kids because I had a big van that could seat 15 and the kids from the afternoon program needed one for the field trip. We took them to PA, to Dorney Park before their expansion, when they were a smaller park.

Oh man those kids. They weren't happy because they couldn't get on this ride or that ride because other kids kept hogging the rides. And they were like Mr. Van Driver can you help (that's because I got them all MickeyDs on the way up) and I was like no there are literally eighteen other rides, here go on the teacups.

Although Violet and I both agreed kids were little ingrates we proceeded to break up shortly for different reasons.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Banned

sorry about your ex wife’s sons
Old 11-24-2020, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

maybe if you actually played the fucking game isstead of dragging your knuckles like a fucking cave man in 6 man groups and 70 man raids you'd enjoy it a bit more

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 11-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe if you actually played the fucking game isstead of dragging your knuckles like a fucking cave man in 6 man groups and 70 man raids you'd enjoy it a bit more
So your advice is to not do the things the game was designed for you to do once you get max level. Gotcha. Sound logic right there.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

too bad he isn't max level yet and that's the entire point of "that lull"

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 11-24-2020, 01:34 PM
Banned

Imagine not being level 60
Old 11-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be honest, green fails to hit my nostalgia feels.

I loved doing hype ass orcs and gnolls in my teens. On green gnolls are abandoned and orcs are only camped by high levels.

Roll on Kunark, I loved the LOIO - courier fields and sarnark fort especially... guess what, on green these are only camped by high levels.

P1999 just doesn't have that classic slow burn chilled out pace, it's all treadmill levelling and farming for EC/raids, then claiming the few select spots are overcamped while 95% of the game is desolate.

Ooof.
I think that the next progression server should have a few features.

1. Tiered leveling. Level 20 being maximum level for MONTHS, 30 for MONTHS, 40 for MONTHS, 50 for MONTHS till kunark. ETC.
2. No legacy items / Permanent legacy items. If Manastone is in game. Leave it in game. Make it have a custom drop rate if you want, but make it permanently in game. If guise is in game, keep it in game. Customize drop rate if you want. Lustrous russet? Same thing. Once kunark rolls around, just don't allow firepots bind at all. Its fun, I got it on blue and red, but its another thing that adds a frantic pace to the game.
3. With velious, don't tell people, but when the sleeper gets awakened, every single character involved with the awakening is deleted permanently and all of their possessions are given to other players by lottery by class, including no drop items. Sleeper is then returned to unawakened state along with the rest of velious.
4. T staff, fungus robe, fungus stick...whatever. Same deal.

I think these changes would allow people to play the game without having to adhere to an aggressive legacy hunting oriented timeline. The fear of loss is a motivator for some but it also keeps people from playing as casually as the game was really meant to be played. People NEVER hit level 50 in their entire EQ career, a lot of people.

It would be a casual progression server. Oh and you could even (holy smokes) allow quest experience to be enabled.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread