Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think nerfing exp did much except spread people around a little bit and make people hand off playing/power leveling characters for a silly brag.

Staff should have let people congregate around GLS island and goblin ears and sashlandia, and the rest of us would have had the same incentive to go out to EK or lake rathe and avoid the players who have to hit 60 on an iksar the week after kunark launches.

Even with scroll exp off gnoll spires is probably still a zoo. And if I had to level a wizard the weak of kunark launch it probably would have been in the back of neriak or somewhere else. Like the back zl of sola.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd287
Sure it’s non classic. But so is someone like yourself having a ton of accounts with hundreds of alts to use it to go from 50-60 on day one. If you had to pay a monthly subscription for all those accounts then I would say leave the quest XP as is, but you don’t, they’re free so you can have as many as you want and enable the situation you created.
How much per month per corpse? Free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2
classic didn't have nerds doing stuff like that, it wasn't even feasible
Thank you. Agreed. Mediocrity is the norm. Excellence isn't.

They'll turn back on quest xp.

Soon™
Old 11-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Banned

THANKS A LOT SICKO
Old 11-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you. Agreed. Mediocrity is the norm. Excellence isn't.
Dunning-Kruger effect

That moment when a p99 elf thinks they are achieving excellence.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Don't try your psycho mumbo jumbo with me Mr. (not a) PHD! Don't even go their! Your just an idiot!

My elfing is top 0.1% just like my ranking in humor, grammar, and logic *flex*

Mother told me so, that double confirms it, ha!
Old 11-23-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

I liked your first response better. Almost thought you may have taken an improv class.

Second response sucks.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

I've read the study. Rating/feedback is a part of what I do professionally. Not sure if you read it, but the tasks they asked people to rate themselves on were humor, grammar and logic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I see your late 90s psycho mumbo jumbo and I raise you a 2010+ psycho mumbo jumbo ala Marcus Buckingham's "Idiosyncratic Rater Bias"

Quote:
Big term, but it simply means that we human beings are unreliable raters of other human beings. All the data show that when I rate you, over 60% of your rating is about me, and not you. Which is a big problem, because we are paying, promoting, training, and deploying you based on that rating — which doesn’t reflect you. So ratings are a terrible performance measurement tool, because they claim to measure one thing but actually measure another.
Ever had a prof that was a "tough grader?" That's idiosyncratic rater bias.

Your assessment of me mostly comes from something unique about you.

*puts sunglasses back on* In other words, you're probably just jealous of my elfchievements
Old 11-23-2020, 06:40 PM
Banned

The best liars always have to deceive themselves first. Marketing or Sales want folks like you. You'll get paid better than anything other than if you own your own thing already.

Also: Congrats emperor elf on your greatness. I'm now convinced. Didn't realize I was merely jealous this whole time.
Last edited by Seducio; 11-23-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best liars always have to deceive themselves first. Marketing or Sales want folks like you. You'll get paid better than anything other than if you own your own thing already.

Also: Congrats emperor elf on your greatness. I'm now convinced. Didn't realize I was merely jealous this whole time.
We're all in sales.

Thank you. You've been red pilled. You too can have a fan club and ride your bike with no handle bars. Join me.

Mannastone begins to cast a spell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no_handlebars.JPG (63.9 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-23-2020 at 08:16 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Banned

The Wolf of Elf Street
Closed Thread