Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default The effects of min/maxing illustrated.

Level 60
Wood Elf 115 wisdom naked 1,500
Half Elf 75 wisdom naked 1,020

manapool difference 480
or 8 roots at 60 mana (which can be a real big deal)

Level 59 wildfire 320 mana
Level 51 superior healing 250 mana

likely ~ 1200 ~ mana from non BIS kunark gear

So

2700 for the wood elf
-- or 8,192 dmg from 8 wildfire casts.
2220 for the half elf
-- or 6144 dmg for 6 wildfire casts, real close to 7

No one is going to be using nukes to bring down 'big solo quest mobs' but they are plenty fine for killing small ones in classic, mostly.

Just enough mana to drop 1 player, even with smaller manapool.

It's unlikely we'll DD anyone at lvl 60 in velious, I fought a cleric with max resists at lvl 30 and couldn't touch them on my wiz. A lure may help. Will need a sham an enchanter pal to actually nuke someone. There's no 1v1 balance lol (that's cool and normal for EQ doh)

This is considering Kunark walmart gear, not raid gear or BIS.
Here's the formula I used:

(((Intelligence OR Wisdom)/ 5 ) + 2) * level + optional mana from magic items
Or to make things easier

I believe melee characters are less effected by a difference of 25 str and less prone to min/max differences. - the lower level a character the much more minor these differences are.

I think, I illustrated that gear and buffs pretty much matters more than stats, no matter.

-------------------------
The reason I made this thread is I'm trying to consider if I want to play another character on red, and how long, and what class and level. Or just goof around on the ones I got. Maybe deliberately try to hit 60 on druid for the fun of it, because who doesn't want a 60 walmart gear druid in their raid with 2220. I don't actually like the class fantasy of druids though lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want to play every character in the game and I don't want to minmax. I'm insane and I probably won't succesfully hit 60 on any box, but one can dream.

I like healer roll the best. But I have played a lot of clerics, 4 on this project, and don't want to reroll another. I think.

Currently I have a 51 necro, 46 wiz, lvl 4 druid with 75 wisdom ) and I think, only the wiz is minmaxed? she alright. I'm not inclined to farm or twink that much because there's no point in getting 'really good gear' for a character I may not play more than a year.

However I am feeling really nostalgiac. I could just get back onto my necro and run around the world some, I guess. She is pretty cool, although not officially a Bone Knight, she was rolled before that was a thing, she has tanked some mobs )

---------------------------

I guess my biggest question is how do people go about picking classes themselves? I did some pros and cons earlier with a friend who wanted help.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-14-2020 at 01:25 PM..
Old 11-14-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...client=classes

1 Bard (100%)
2 Wizard (75%)
3 Cleric (50%)
4 Druid (50%)
5 Enchanter (50%)
6 Magician (50%)
7 Monk (50%)
8 Paladin (50%)
9 Warrior (50%)
10 Rogue (25%)
12 Beastlord (0%)
13 Necromancer (0%)
14 Ranger (0%)
15 Shadow Knight (0%)
16 Shaman (0%)

hmmm, maybe I should try bard again

Magician (50%) too (for bind affinity and gate)

and how feasible is it to level entirely on an enchanter without ever touching charm? IDK

Charm is an EVIL EVIL EVIL spell way worse than anything else in game.

I also hate research lol. ugh. So many text files and bags fullll of regents I would rather vendor.

Could always roll up a human warrior with an eyepatch and +charisma and see how far I get lol

Can bards level with just dots and not swarmkiting and charm and just melee dot? or something. I never liked the 'swarm kite', run around in circles, or charm playstyles.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-14-2020 at 03:32 PM..
Old 11-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Orc

I thought this was going to be a thread on stamina. Sad.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this was going to be a thread on stamina. Sad.
I feel the same way about stamina as I do about str and int, wis, necessary but not critical.

out of the stats we have I would roll max cha if I could but I would probably be a dumb warrior with the highest base cha+some more in reality. Yet I don't enjoy getting punched in the face, so I would probably end up being a cowardly mage or something that doesn't often draw a mobs attention.

Cleric, ench always getting beat on. Druids. Not so bad but they smell and are full of fleas. Paladins are OP. SK's smell bad for different reasons.

I probably wouldn't be an adventurer, probably be like that cobbler, or the seamstress in Qeynos.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like you should be

Shaman
Necro
Druid
Enchanter

If you don’t want to charm skip the enchanter

The others are reliable solo classes which will let you enjoy the time you play.

Honestly I think necros are my favorite class. I would be a necro on new server launch if it wasn’t for damned iksars on the horizon.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Don’t be a half elf Druid though. Be a regular elf at least. If you can’t be a smelly halfling.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

I rolled an Evil human cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] no reasearch, I can just sit out there and cast nuke on some pooor skeleton, walk away, and come back )))))

I am mental. Going to stick with this char as long as I can!!!! Miria had 90 wis, so this will be finnnne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Velise - R99 (i got a plan for the last name)

---- I know it sounds crazy but --------

It can nuke, gate, and bind. And Isn't a wizard loool. And not a druid. It's basically the best class.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-14-2020 at 06:53 PM..
Old 11-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

It’s the best class 100 percent
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Also. No research!

And Velise is part of a secret Vampiric blood cult posing as do gooders in order to infiltrate the temple of Rodcet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure why I rolled human female, I should have rolled human male with the eyepatch. Not sure why I rolled human. I'm lvl 1 so I can still change my mind lol.

I did a bunch of stuff today, going to reward myself with some EQ.
Closed Thread