Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Important Classic UI modding question. Quest Journal.

I've identified some files, which I have attempted to edit, delete, blank out, various things but haven't quite figured out which one, or all I need to change and in which way.

I'm still working on it but I want to get rid of this window:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I move it down manually but it requires me to do that @ each login.

The files i think in question are:

EQUI_TaskWnd.xml
EQUI_TaskTemplateSelectWnd.xml
EQUI_TaskSelectWnd.xml

The windows title is "Quest Journal". It's default bind is ALT Q - there is no key to rebind this in the UI, however I may be able to do it another way by figuring out what the keybinds .ini name is?

Anyway I like using alt Q its convienient and part of my small finger universe.

Any ideas? I'm not super smart, my next attempt will be to try setting xycoords down off screen or something but that hasn't seemed to work. I just emptied the 3 files in quesiton and still it loads in the default area at login.

IMO, not a classic window or function, and really aught to be patched out of p99 if possible.

the velious UI is the same.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

IIRC the game will remember the location of the window and restore it based on its last location on close out, so it's not really possible to force a window position in titanium. You can give it a default start scale and locaiton though, that you can just copy from some other XML or something, I cant remember how it works off the top of my head, but I know you can.

I had mockup where I got it kind full screen marble using window hacks but it involved locking window placement, standardized resolutions, and stuff, because players would be able to move window around and it would look all fubar.

But that actually reminds me, for your own window, you, CAN lock a window in the XML code, its an option just figure out which windows are locked, or search around for something that seems like lock window, or maybe its commented out somewhere, but you can lock its position and scale.

Then you can get it into your corner, but if you send it to someone who uses a different resolution than you, it wont be in the corner (because its not relative to window scale) and that right there is the reason we dont have a marble UI, because of different resolutions players play p99 in.

you could make a marble UI, with locked windows, hypothetically, for ONE resolution.

like if you lock the window placement, then load the game and change the resolution so its smaller and becomes off screen, you won't see that window again unless you swap back to the older resolution or moved it in the xml code.

you could also tell it to apaer like hella far off to the right left up or bottom and it will just hang out off screen so you can see/touch it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-21-2020 at 07:42 PM..
Old 11-21-2020, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC the game will remember the location of the window and restore it based on its last location on close out, so it's not really possible to force a window position in titanium. You can give it a default start scale and locaiton though, that you can just copy from some other XML or something, I cant remember how it works off the top of my head, but I know you can.

I had mockup where I got it kind full screen marble using window hacks but it involved locking window placement, standardized resolutions, and stuff, because players would be able to move window around and it would look all fubar.

But that actually reminds me, for your own window, you, CAN lock a window in the XML code, its an option just figure out which windows are locked, or search around for something that seems like lock window, or maybe its commented out somewhere, but you can lock its position and scale.

Then you can get it into your corner, but if you send it to someone who uses a different resolution than you, it wont be in the corner (because its not relative to window scale) and that right there is the reason we dont have a marble UI, because of different resolutions players play p99 in.

you could make a marble UI, with locked windows, hypothetically, for ONE resolution.

like if you lock the window placement, change the resolution so its off screen, you won't see that window again unless you swap back to the older resolution or moved it in the xml code.
Yeah, I am going to figure it out, its probably why it wasn't patched.

I shall look into the compass window as the rogean seems to have figured that one out. -

btw when I save out normally, safe, long camp, and exit, it never saves this one windows position, it always seems to default back to its original spot for whatever silllly reasons - my other windows work normally and they stay were I put them!

ty for the answer! it spurred me on to look into the compasswindow
Old 11-21-2020, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

yeah its really a game of thinking about what windows function the way you want, then trying to see if you can open them up, and migrate that code, into the window you want it to fucntion in.

9 times out of 10 it wont work, but that 1 time it does, you figure out how to get marble bag graphics literally the night before you zip up the file and send it to Roegan. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I figured that one out in the shower! I thought bags were going to be a no go up until 24 hours before lock, was very exciting for me. hehe
Old 11-21-2020, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah its really a game of thinking about what windows function the way you want, then trying to see if you can open them up, and migrate that code, into the window you want it to fucntion in.

9 times out of 10 it wont work, but that 1 time it does, you figure out how to get marble bag graphics literally the night before you zip up the file and send it to Roegan. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I figured that one out in the shower! I thought bags were going to be a no go up until 24 hours before lock, was very exciting for me. hehe
man it would probably be a pain to package multiple resolutions for easy setup, but yeah (i'm totally not saying do this) makes a lot of sense, i'm simulating some of the old elements by keeping bags stacked sorta ) idk how hardcore i want to get

i'm definately no purist.