Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Top Aggro Weapons Discussion

So far in another thread we've come together and decided here is the current list of aggro weapons. The order appears to first prioritize the actual proc vs dps ratio. Some could argue that the sarnak warhammer belongs right under the Yak Scimitar since its ratio and chance to proc might come faster than the Yak club/sword.

Also this list is Pre-VP since only two guilds are currently farming it. Perhaps some could chime in!

Primary:
Epic
BotBDE
RMoY
Sarnak Warhammer
Yak Scimitar
Yak club
Yak sword
Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Bloodpoints?

Offhand:
BotBDE
Yak Mace
Trochilic's Skean (might be ranked higher than yak mace but proc rate is unknown)
Last edited by ownrage; 01-25-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

It is my understanding that 1h damage is much higher here than it was on live, making the aggro gained through just normal weapon DPS pretty high. I'm fairly certain a high ratio weapon will beat out Yak sword or club for example...
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Kobold

Journeyman's Walking Stick is also good for aggro...procs Tashani
Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

unless the weapon has a modifed proc rate all weapon should proc the same rate regardless of delay. Example is the earthshaker strat and slowing yourself to almost 100% guarantee a proc on the first swing when extremely delayed. You are set to proc x amount of times per min. If you are only swinging once or twice a min then you are procing almost 100% of the time but still proccing just as much per min as if you were hasted
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is my understanding that 1h damage is much higher here than it was on live, making the aggro gained through just normal weapon DPS pretty high. I'm fairly certain a high ratio weapon will beat out Yak sword or club for example...
Do you have a link to any threads discussing this or is it yoiur own speculation?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I think I'm going to have to rank sarnak warhammer higher than the yaks...even the scimitar. So far in my travels, I've noticed a much easier ability to hold aggro using the sarnak warhammer than the scimitar of ykhesha.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a link to any threads discussing this or is it yoiur own speculation?
I don't have a high level warrior but I'm pretty sure higher warriors could confirm that melee DPS is decently high aggro here and proc weapons aren't as effective as they were on live.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

i'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of what u say daldaen, melee dps is no agro here and proc weapons are 100% required to keep agro. on live melee dps(fast weapon with good ratio ie. jade mace) was good agro whereas on p99 it doesn't hold agro
Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Hrmm... interesting. Could've sworn I'd read and heard that it was pretty easy to hold aggro with 2 wurmslayers or other good DPS weapons...
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Kobold

So basically you are both speculating? Can you provide any links? Not trying to be overly critical, I am merely curious.
Closed Thread