Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh come one the Feerott Sucks for newbie wars. You can't do lizardman camps alone, chances are you will get blinded by a mystic, then end up dead without a corpse loc and will be forever on a corpse run. It's a terrible location compared to any of the populated zones. Also, Dark Assassin, enough said.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar newb zone confirmed best in game

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhorroryes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ogre is by far the best. there is no reason to play any other class beneficially in terms of game mechanics, stats or strategy aside from that of the ogre war.

any other race is completely cosmetic, and certain races suffer more than others. Ogre is the true benchmark
Iksar regen/ac bonus. Especially during Velious when they can use all of that plate.

Currently if you're going to min/max play ogre.

It's a rough life otherwise.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoff06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come one the Feerott Sucks for newbie wars. You can't do lizardman camps alone, chances are you will get blinded by a mystic, then end up dead without a corpse loc and will be forever on a corpse run. It's a terrible location compared to any of the populated zones. Also, Dark Assassin, enough said.
1) Avoid the lizardman camps; pick off the wandering lizardmen, of which there are plenty.

2) Avoid the area of Feerrott that has the Dark Assassin in it; it's neatly separated by a river. The area without the Dark Assassin has ample mobs to get a young ogre to level 5 at the least, and is quite safe.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Top 3 races for warrior:

Ogre
Troll
Barbarian

IMO the large stature of the ogre and troll kept me from playing either and I went with a barbarian. The frontal stun wasn't enough for me in this case. All 3 get slam which is extremely useful.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned

i have never seen an epic troll warrior on this server

ogres are prob best over all

halflings lvl fast everyone will hate u

woodies look pretty sleek

dark elfs get hide... nice helmet graphic shiny as fuk

go make a ranger and tank
Old 02-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Not my choice to play as a warrior but the argument is there to be one.
Especially as a high end raid tank. They are probably the best for that in my
opinion.
They just require help to get there
(kos everywhere and they are big and fat)
so make friends with a porter and invest in shrink potions

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhoff06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For levels 1-4
1: lizards, skeletons, frogs
2: above + beetles, spiders
3: same
4: above + harder beetles, spiders

it's pretty much the bomb. Especially if choose to start a character at 1 without much twink stuff (as I usually do) the single fact that lizards and skeletons are very common, and have a rusty about 1/3 of the time is makes earning money for your first items, bandages, bags, w/e, super fast. You can also get a 2hander from the sk gm in about 3 lizard kills average (4 liz meats) which also grants faction and xp. If you dont want the rusty 2h, its simply more money. Straight up best money area in the game levels 1-4.

By the time you hit 5 or 6 just go find where everyone else is, seemed to work on my warrior.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvaunis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For levels 1-4
1: lizards, skeletons, frogs
2: above + beetles, spiders
3: same
4: above + harder beetles, spiders

it's pretty much the bomb. Especially if choose to start a character at 1 without much twink stuff (as I usually do) the single fact that lizards and skeletons are very common, and have a rusty about 1/3 of the time is makes earning money for your first items, bandages, bags, w/e, super fast. You can also get a 2hander from the sk gm in about 3 lizard kills average (4 liz meats) which also grants faction and xp. If you dont want the rusty 2h, its simply more money. Straight up best money area in the game levels 1-4.

By the time you hit 5 or 6 just go find where everyone else is, seemed to work on my warrior.
This - also, there's a similar quest at the warrior's guild you can do instead, and both quests give good EXP at low levels. Note, though, that one should probably avoid spiders (spiderlings are OK iirc) because they have Weak Poison, which at those levels is devastating.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

dark elf is best warrior race
Closed Thread