Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 02:59 AM
Orc

So is there people who believe biden is doing a good job?
Old 11-21-2021, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was skeptical until they said wealth transfer and then I was like nah
Old 11-21-2021, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Lol, "raising minimum wage will fix rising prices", that one really got me in my funny bone. Can only see Botten messages that are quoted. Every time it makes me thankful I blocked him.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I don’t really care if Castle ignores me. Often he gives off feelings of a conMan; a used car salesman with get rich schemes. His account is fairly old been probably pedaling them for sometime while telling others to join him. Pyramid

—-
I too was Skeptical until I saw the wages of those paid in the past and the wealth distribution of the past.

For example boomers have no problem owning a home and paying for their education.
An education equals more often a larger salary.
But what if the larger salaries of the past were worth more than majority of the larger wages paid out today.

In 1972 $6 dollars an hour paid to a simple construction worker was equivalent to $39 an hour today.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inf...1972?amount=39

Year after year the Inequality of Wealth distribution of the rich and the poor is getting larger and larger

https://rwer.wordpress.com/2018/11/1...united-states/

Usually It is advantageous for workers to get an education. This is why social programs for education are funded. IE Putting money in to educating your workers yields more wealth for the rich.

https://www.epi.org/publication/stat...h-foundations/

The economy is self healing and the minimum wage does need to go up.

And even without the minimum wage increase.

Salaries are already on the rise and they are the new norm. Starbucks by next year will be paying a new Barista $23 an hour.

https://chainstoreage.com/starbucks-...ing-recruiters

Until the lower class is paid more of a fare share the inflation will keep growing and will not settle.

Those with rich retirement savings just expect what you have to be worth less as it should rightly go to the newer generation that has been robbed year over year by the older generation.

There is a bit to unpack up there but I really should be working in the lab and may come back to this.
Last edited by Botten; 11-21-2021 at 11:34 AM..
Old 11-21-2021, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah they lost me at $27 minimum wage. Why not $50/hour? Why not $1000/hour?

And how is that huge of a minimum wage increase also not going to just come out in prices? Is there an added rule that says “you must pay all employees $10000/hour and you can’t raise prices to stay in business”?

I don’t mind the idea of striking or resigning to get a higher wage though
Old 11-21-2021, 11:41 AM
Banned

It is worth noting that current wages are not going to be able to meet the cost of living due to cost of living increases. I got more than a 6% raise this year and it’s still barely enough to make ends meet

But I’d prefer prices come down than wages AND prices go up

Edit: I’ve also heard that inflation does somewhat favor those with lots of debt like me. Since now my money (that I don’t have) and my debt (that I do have) are worth less, that’s better than my huge savings being worth less
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-21-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Old 11-21-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I don’t really care if Castle ignores me. Often he gives off feelings of a conMan; a used car salesman with get rich schemes. His account is fairly old been probably pedaling them for sometime while telling others to join him. Pyramid

—-
I too was Skeptical until I saw the wages of those paid in the past and the wealth distribution of the past.

For example boomers have no problem owning a home and paying for their education.
An education equals more often a larger salary.
But what if the larger salaries of the past were worth more than majority of the larger wages paid out today.

In 1972 $6 dollars an hour paid to a simple construction worker was equivalent to $39 an hour today.

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inf...1972?amount=39

Year after year the Inequality of Wealth distribution of the rich and the poor is getting larger and larger

https://rwer.wordpress.com/2018/11/1...united-states/

Usually It is advantageous for workers to get an education. This is why social programs for education are funded. IE Putting money in to educating your workers yields more wealth for the rich.

https://www.epi.org/publication/stat...h-foundations/

The economy is self healing and the minimum wage does need to go up.

And even without the minimum wage increase.

Salaries are already on the rise and they are the new norm. Starbucks by next year will be paying a new Barista $23 an hour.

https://chainstoreage.com/starbucks-...ing-recruiters

Until the lower class is paid more of a fare share the inflation will keep growing and will not settle.

Those with rich retirement savings just expect what you have to be worth less as it should rightly go to the newer generation that has been robbed year over year by the older generation.

There is a bit to unpack up there but I really should be working in the lab and may come back to this.
but does your dollar buy more or less or same basket of goods?

Wealth transfer meme is reddit commies lying about PPP and/or stonks.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Video is accurate up to about 30 seconds.

Then he says "great resignation" (myth) and supply chain (not the biggest driver of cost of goods increases.)

In typical charlatan fashion he:
  1. Successfully identifies a real and felt problem using solid facts
  2. Jumps to conclusion on the causes of the problem and the solution - both which are total BS

Another gem

Quote:
Higher prices... actually affect the ultra-wealthy the most
LOL.

Who spends a larger portion of their income on gas, food, and other daily necessities? The poor or the ultra-wealthy?

Who holds a larger portion of their wealth in cash instead of assets? The poor or the ultra-wealthy?

Inflation drives up prices of scarce assets. These assets are typically owned by... the poor or the ultra-wealthy?

Who does inflation really hurt more? *facepalm*

Later he goes to admit the wealthy have increased their net worth and are buying stocks... This man successfully talked out of both sides of his mouth to declare he is an imbecile. Well done.

Nothing against the ultra-wealthy, I'm on my way to joining the gang. I am against inflation. It hurts people on fixed incomes and people on lower incomes.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-21-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Old 11-21-2021, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who does inflation really hurt more? *facepalm*

Later he goes to admit the wealthy have increased their net worth and are buying stocks... This man successfully talked out of both sides of his mouth to declare he is an imbecile. Well done.

Nothing against the ultra-wealthy, I'm on my way to joining the gang. I am against inflation. It hurts people on fixed incomes and people on lower incomes.
https://www.cepweb.org/inflation-and-inequality/

Inflation hurts rich more than poor.

And yeah you are not joining the wealthy asking others to join you. Mr. Pyramid Bitcoiner promoter
Last edited by Botten; 11-21-2021 at 01:23 PM..
Old 11-21-2021, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Botten comes into another thread smug and callin peepz dumb

proves to all how low iq he is
Closed Thread