Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Skeleton

Default could someone help me

I took a break and when i came back this new spell file 13 got downloaded. Well now i can't play and its cause of the wsock32.dll file. i know its that one cause when i take it out i can run eq, but it'll say i need the zip files. When i put it in i get a kernel32.dll error and can't even get eq to start. Anyone know why im getting this plz post here or PM me i'd like to play the game again.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 AM
Kobold

Aireel, I was just playing and my Norton popped up that I had a Trojan and it said it was the wsock32.dll file. I had to go into my Norton and restore that file. Then I had to go into settings of my Norton. Then into Anti Virus and Sonar exclusions section. In there there are 3 choices. 1. Items to exclude from scans. 2. Items to exclude from Auto-Protect and Sonar detection. The third one you don't do anything with. In those 2 sections I added c:\program files\p99\wsock32.dll because that what it is on my computer. Yours may be different depending on where you keep your project 99 stuff. Hope this helps. If not, good luck.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah do a search mate, several other people had issues and asked about it on the forums.