Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-29-2023, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You quoted me, yet ignored everything I wrote.
I did not. I simply wrote the math in a different manner. I read what you said. Both of us have come to the same conclusion that Epic is not a straight 2x improvement in terms of leveling speed.

But that is not the issue. The question is what is better:

1. Leveling faster at the cost of farming slower at 60.

2. Leveling slower at the benefit of farming faster at 60.

Torpor is going to give you more money in the time you saved by leveling faster via Epic. Spending 50 hours at Fungi King is probably going to net you more money (unless you are really unlucky) than farming 50 hours at vendor trash mobs root/rotting them with Epic.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2023 at 02:27 PM..
Old 08-29-2023, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Gotta agree with DSM here. Epic is nice but torpor is way more important. Ideally you should have all the toys. But if you’re strapped for cash don’t bother with epic mq or join a guild and get it. Bear pits are totally viable with jbb and fungi and you might actually enjoy it more not constantly micromanaging 4-5 mobs at a time. Also less risky.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of DSM posting going on. Is this the newest “thread”?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2023, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of DSM posting going on. Is this the newest “thread”?
That is up to how much you feel like trolling. It's not up to me. Hopefully you choose not to troll!
Old 08-29-2023, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

I recall in a mage Vs shaman dps thread where DSM said in a group he could out dps a mage by "soloing" 4-6 mobs with epic dots etc.

Definate troll.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not. I simply wrote the math in a different manner. I read what you said. Both of us have come to the same conclusion that Epic is not a straight 2x improvement in terms of leveling speed.

But that is not the issue. The question is what is better:

1. Leveling faster at the cost of farming slower at 60.

2. Leveling slower at the benefit of farming faster at 60.

Torpor is going to give you more money in the time you saved by leveling faster via Epic. Spending 50 hours at Fungi King is probably going to net you more money (unless you are really unlucky) than farming 50 hours at vendor trash mobs root/rotting them with Epic.
Well if your basic argument is "you can't resell the epic to buy Torpor", you're certainly correct about that. But it's also a simple fact that you can earn Torpor money much faster at 60 with an epic than you can earlier on.

If your options are "buy epic at 51 and get nine levels, plus all plat-farming time at 60, with your epic" or "save 50k by not getting the epic, and focus on getting plat as you level up so you can buy Torpor right away", I strongly suspect that the former is a much better idea ... but I have no objective numbers to back that up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Hey, I appreciate everyone's input. I respect a bunch of yalls opinions so I did read everything and I've decided to sell the seahorse belt and buy the JBB. If i have enough at 56 to get epic ill, sell the JBB at that point. But otherwise I will have a nice stack of cash left over to save towards torpor which is a twin goal of mine along with epic. (if i get epic at 56+ ill jsut sell fungi stick and tunic for torpor)

I do have my black fur boots which Naethyn helped me get, so no issue there with the fungi staff.

Thank you everyone!

edit: y'all prolly think im crazy for this but the back and forth between DSM and Loramin (and everyone else that argues) is truly helpful.
Last edited by Fireblade7; 08-29-2023 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-29-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Good plan.

One last thing: keep in mind you don't have to buy Torpor either. If you can get it by farming golems in OT with a friend, or by going on some raids with a guild, you will be laughing as you watch the other Shaman try and save up 100k.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:07 PM
Kobold

That's a great idea! Maybe I'll get lucky in both epic (if and when i join a guild) and torpor. But for now, just going to focus on the levels. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2023, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Fireblade would be a good Paladin name.