Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-29-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I appreciate everyone's input. I respect a bunch of yalls opinions so I did read everything and I've decided to sell the seahorse belt and buy the JBB. If i have enough at 56 to get epic ill, sell the JBB at that point. But otherwise I will have a nice stack of cash left over to save towards torpor which is a twin goal of mine along with epic. (if i get epic at 56+ ill jsut sell fungi stick and tunic for torpor)

I do have my black fur boots which Naethyn helped me get, so no issue there with the fungi staff.

Thank you everyone!

edit: y'all prolly think im crazy for this but the back and forth between DSM and Loramin (and everyone else that argues) is truly helpful.
Glad to hear we could help! Also happy to hear you got Black Fur Boots. It is awesome that Naethyn helps Shamans out with that.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall in a mage Vs shaman dps thread where DSM said in a group he could out dps a mage by "soloing" 4-6 mobs with epic dots etc.

Definate troll.
Yeah it happened ... all 449 pages of it

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=406923
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-29-2023, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it happened ... all 449 pages of it

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=406923
Please stop posting off topic nonsense. You keep showing people you are a troll by posting that thread. Remember you have hundreds of posts of nothing but gifs. I am not sure why you think it helps you, or hurts me. You can check the DPS numbers of a Shaman vs. a Mage without Epic Pet yourself if you don't believe that a Shaman root/rotting can out DPS a Mage without Epic Pet. It is not my fault you keep taking what I said wildly out of context because you had to resort to trolling to try and win the argument, which you didn't. There is no rule that says you cannot root/rot in a group. Personal preference is irrelevant to the fact that you can employ any tactic you wish if you think it will help, and the group agrees on it.

Do you have anything to say on the topic at hand? Or will you troll further?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2023 at 07:35 PM..
Old 08-29-2023, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

I think JBB is the right way to go.

I paused leveling my shammie, at 54 (zzZZz level) and had him kitted with fungi, haste, epic and jbb. Root rotting is tedious without lvl 56 root, after that it's probably better, especially if you have fungi and can canni more.

I felt like with the gear I got better XP facetanking (sometimes alternating between me and pet during fights) and jbb-spamming after epic-dotting and slowing the mob. The plan would've worked fine without the epic too.

At some point I'll get back to the shammy. Never bothered with fungi staff because I never felt the mana for the buff was an issue and that the hassle memming the spell was equivalent pain to the movement debuff of the staff. If I didn't have fungi I'd probably want a fungi staff tough to save that mana buffing.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Torpor is not 100k. If u wanna spend that much, I'll sell you mine. I'm not 60 yet, half a lvl to go...
Old 08-30-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor is not 100k. If u wanna spend that much, I'll sell you mine. I'm not 60 yet, half a lvl to go...
Yeah Torpor is like 45-60k now I think. Epic is still like 75k or more last I checked on blue.

Congrats on being so close to 60! Torpor is a game changer.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah Torpor is like 45-60k now I think. Epic is still like 75k or more last I checked on blue.

Congrats on being so close to 60! Torpor is a game changer.
Wow, things have really changed: I paid something like 100k for my Torpor back in the day, but I got my epic for ... well I got the tear for just 10k, and then got random server people to help me with the fight ... but even the tear with a raid force was only selling for like 50k back then.

I'm kind of surprised the tear is so expensive, especially on Blue. There must be an army of alt Shaman being created, or else some guild is monopolizing the Fear golems and raising prices.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, things have really changed: I paid something like 100k for my Torpor back in the day, but I got my epic for ... well I got the tear for just 10k, and then got random server people to help me with the fight ... but even the tear with a raid force was only selling for like 50k back then.

I'm kind of surprised the tear is so expensive, especially on Blue. There must be an army of alt Shaman being created, or else some guild is monopolizing the Fear golems and raising prices.
Yeah prices have changed a lot. I bought Torpor for 80k I think, and tear for 75k years ago from a guildie before Green came out, right before the price jumped. Tear was like 120k with the final fight for years, even during Green. Tear prices finally started coming down again recently, 75k is pretty cheap compared to what it was.

Tears are just rarer with the Fear revamp. Sounds like you got your tear before the Fear revamp based on the price and date. Often times the tears go to guildies for DKP, so extra rarity + less market availability drives the price up. They also added a raid rule a few years ago that requires you to leave Fear and re-enter it whenever a raid target spawns. This basically killed the Fear farm crews. Now only Hate is still viable for farm crews doing things like Earth Staff.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-30-2023 at 01:26 PM..
Old 08-31-2023, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Yeah. I’m lucky in the fact that I can basically trade my fungi for torpor at 60. Maybe a little extra plat on top. More glad I bought jbb instead lol.
Old 08-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi for torpor is a good trade for sure. If you don't raid you still may be able to negotiate Vindi BP loot rights.