Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Wizards got some new spells too. Rend, Chill Sight, Bonds of Force. Its fun to check merchants and see what is added after secret patches. I know necros got some new spells too
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standing-by for normal response of “it’s a free server! Go cry elsewhere!”
It's a free server, go cry elsewhere.

Seriously though, is it so hard for people not to complain constantly?

This project is amazing and we all get to enjoy it for free, what's this "I care more about this project than the staff do" nonsense.

Some of you act like entitled children, it's embarrassing.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a free server, go cry elsewhere.

Seriously though, is it so hard for people not to complain constantly?

This project is amazing and we all get to enjoy it for free, what's this "I care more about this project than the staff do" nonsense.

Some of you act like entitled children, it's embarrassing.
It's not that big of a deal. But it would be nice to see some communication of things that have been added, removed, nerfed, etc. (especially if it's something they've realized needs to be fixed to reflect classic, etc. but isn't currently listed on the Wiki patch notes).

Cross referencing the Wiki for things like the PoF patch isn't much of a hassle, but for changes that aren't listed that we then don't even know about? Kind of annoying not to get any details on those. Especially if they are things like nerfs that should drive down the price of something and someone wastes a lot of plat on it without knowing it's been nerfed.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:00 PM
Server GM

Not a dev, so I can't give a response for why. I personally like this since it forces people to discover what was released.

However, If someone wants to go through all the historical patch notes though it will say (feb 2001, march 2000 etc). Those would tie into the era patches that we are going through.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a dev, so I can't give a response for why. I personally like this since it forces people to discover what was released.

However, If someone wants to go through all the historical patch notes though it will say (feb 2001, march 2000 etc). Those would tie into the era patches that we are going through.
Thanks for the reply, I agree it’s fun having these things just dropped into the game and discovering them for ourselves. It was really cool when word of fear’s release was first getting out.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh yeah for sure. But what about things that aren't from the official historical patches? For instance when they apparently discovered that some quest turn ins were giving non-classic values and so they nerfed them? That, to my knowledge, isn't part of the official patch history but it wasn't flagged to the players either.

I don't mind just referencing the patch notes to understand what's changed for the official patches, but not knowing when they change other things is somewhat annoying. I wish we'd get an FYI on those types of things. Some poor guy spent hundreds of pp on CB belts and pads for example only to find out by turning them in that they'd been nerfed. That's valuable currency for a new player that could've been saved had the change been communicated.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Well, everyone's always lamenting that a big part of classic was the mystery and discovery of new things and how they worked... so here you go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-13-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, everyone's always lamenting that a big part of classic was the mystery and discovery of new things and how they worked... so here you go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol except many of these things wouldve been disclosed in patch notes (even if vaguely)
Old 02-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Orc

Best guess timeline for patches is on P99 wiki.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah for sure. But what about things that aren't from the official historical patches? For instance when they apparently discovered that some quest turn ins were giving non-classic values and so they nerfed them? That, to my knowledge, isn't part of the official patch history but it wasn't flagged to the players either.

I don't mind just referencing the patch notes to understand what's changed for the official patches, but not knowing when they change other things is somewhat annoying. I wish we'd get an FYI on those types of things. Some poor guy spent hundreds of pp on CB belts and pads for example only to find out by turning them in that they'd been nerfed. That's valuable currency for a new player that could've been saved had the change been communicated.
I've wondered this too. I distinctly remember turning in CB/DF belts and pads, bandit sashes etc. and getting considerably more exp back in the actual Classic era. So the exp values on P99 are definitely not Classic, but I'd assumed they had some reason to nerf?
Closed Thread