Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just recast whenever bar disappears and you have 0 problems, besides losing like 0.2 seconds.
That's the difference between twisting 3 songs and 4, and it happens often enough for that to matter.

*frequency may be latency dependent, I noticed it happened a lot more while I was in alaska*
Last edited by MiRo2; 01-22-2018 at 11:04 AM..
Old 01-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Then dont use stopsong macro and you get those 0.2 seconds back.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just recast whenever bar disappears and you have 0 problems, besides losing like 0.2 seconds.
When you have a mob running towards you with a friend that will tear you apart if your charm doesn't land (and you don't have room to move) before it gets to you time matters a lot. accidentally hitting a recast when your first spell hasn't actually fizzled can easily mean a wipe in tight spots.

Then again, if you are just going to be a useless twist in group semi-afk mana pump you are right. It will never matter.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

No, missing time since youre looking to make sure its not a missed note can cost lives.
Accidentally NOT hitting a recast when your first spell has actually fizzled can easily mean a wipe in tight spots.
Recasting whenever theres a possibility gurantees a song is actually being cast, ensuring it actually goes off.

Also, dont have room to move? What kind of bard are you?

If anything, when youre afk mana pump it wont matter at all if you miss a whole tick because you thought you were singing but wasnt....
Old 01-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Once I knew what I was looking for it was easy to spot right away. Just offering tips, not mandatory bard instruction.

The best thing about being a bard is that you can play it pretty much however you want and still be effective in some way.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to make a bard alt. I am looking for tips, such as macros to use, tips on how to use instruments, etc.

Anything you guys can think of that would be good to learn or know how to do on a bard is what I seek.

I do not want to swarm kite, so no instructions on that please.

I will group and solo for XP using melee then later charm once I get that.

Thanks you!
Stopsong macro is key as it cuts your keystrokes in half, I wouldn’t be playing a bard without it. Get yourself a nice drum, and a gypsy lute. Walrus skin drum is great and almost as good as selos for 1/4 the price or even cheaper.

1-26 just twist normal songs and melee dps. At 27 charm just owns, use that as long as you can. Even better when you add fungi/jboots to the mix. You charm one then attack another, and when it breaks charm your former target and attack old pet. Rinse repeat break them both before dying and just keep going. Add in dots to help them die faster, especially when you start getting chant dots. I second getting a goblin gazughi ring I was lazy and relied on hide or tried to time it out but looking back I’d get the ring for sure for insta charm breaks.

This will take you to 50 with ease, 50+ is a different ball game and you gotta get more creative for leveling spots solo but grouping is an option I just don’t play long enough in one sitting to deal with groups.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Alternatively to invis break, when they get low you charm the ones thats lower (under 20%) and bard slow the higher HP one, and balancing slow with dots on only the high hp one usually ends up with both breaking at like 10% hp, which is easy to finish off since they're now running. This takes a bit of practice to get a feel for when you should slow / dot (and stop doing it at low hp) but its just as effective to get the mobs to break charm at very low HP %.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

When I was playing, the first thing I did with my bard was make my /stopcasting /cast 1-8 macros. I also set them up on action bar 4(?) and bound those keys to my mmo mouse. I would typically use keys 1-5 on my keyboard and anything beyond that generally is pressed on the side keys of the mouse. Comes in handy to have them all bound though, when you're trying to poor a cocktail and kite/play at the same time.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be lucky to get past 30 lvl tbh. I also don't care about epics. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just wanted to see if anyone could provide info I was unaware of and Fastboy gave me plenty of useful info.
The main poster in raid threads, folks.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main poster in raid threads, folks.
Stalking me around the forums now I see? I realize I made you mad earlier in RnF but this section is to help others on specific classes.

I never played a bard on Live or p99 past mid 30s, my lack of deep knowledge of the bard class has nothing to do with my constructive criticism of the raid scene here.

If you want to troll, bring it to me in RnF where trashy comments are accepted, not here.

Thanks to those who provided tips here for me and anyone else that might want to bard better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread