Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Old 03-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

I think people just failed to run it, I ran it some tonight and the log updated fine.

Oh, btw, hover links are now up for item stats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

HUGE improvement IMHO.

Next on the agenda is to allow searching by item filters (find all items with 5 or more int and 20 or more mana and so on).

For the item filter page I'll probably allow searching current auctions as well as full DB results if you want to make a wishlist.

The 3 hour auction was from entering the /auc via the site's sell box btw.
Last edited by tristantio; 03-22-2012 at 02:24 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Mouse over text is pretty schnazzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

this is the best thing ever
Old 03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

I like the new advanced search, but it might need some instructions for users on how the search logic functions.

Like if I enter a value for say, STR, does it only return results with exactly that value or can I specify a range? It might be nice if it returned results that a user can specify via some simple logical operators (such as: greater than, equal to and less than) via a check box? I don't know who is going to perform a search over and over incrementing that value (STR in this case) by one until they find the item they're looking for.

What might have greater value to the player base, is to give them the option to also search for race, class and deity.

Either way, thanks for this and these new features. This has helped me track down sellers/buyers and items more than once. I love it when someone replies to my tell with, "Yeah, I'm still selling that item, but I auctioned it six hours ago. How did you know I still had it?"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm using it on OS X, running EQ under WINE like you (saw your post in the Mac/WINE thread). The shell script on tristantio's page works great for us. You'll need to open it in a text editor and change the LOGDIR=... line to point to the log file under your P99 install. For me, it's:

LOGDIR="/Applications/Project\ 1999.app/drive_c/eq/Logs"

Make sure any spaces have a backslash in front of them, like above.

Once you've done that, you can run the script from Terminal (which is how I do it). I don't know if you can make it run just by double-clicking; that opens it in an editor for me, but I think I may have changed the from the default. If you just save it to your home folder (usually /Users/yourname) you can run it by opening Terminal and typing: ./eqAuction.sh

Hope that helps!
Hello! Me again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Small update for those who are in the same situation.

Everything works fine now. Followed Phobus advice and also just had to make the script executable (with "chmod +x filename.sh" ) and now I can run it easily from Terminal by typing ./eqauction.sh

Thanks!

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it when someone replies to my tell with, "Yeah, I'm still selling that item, but I auctioned it six hours ago. How did you know I still had it?"
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so true! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ishirey; 03-23-2012 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Right now advanced search needs a lot of work, currently it pulls all items that are equal to or greater than the entered values (so if I put in 2 str 2 wis, items with at least 3 str AND 3 wis will be pulled) - however it pulls from the main item database which I haven't pruned yet (so it is gear from 99 to 2012 - 93,000 possible items).

Due to that, I am limiting it to 10 results sorted by ID in the database (so, hopefully oldest first).

Then those 10 results are dropped into the auction quick filter box, so if any auctions match one of those 10 items they will be shown.

Ideally I will query only the old items.

Lastly, race/class usability is done by bitmasks, which I will have to work on a good implementation for filtering my query by.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Large Rat

How do you change your selling name on the site?

I mistakenly put in the name of an item in there thinking that was the search bar and now it keeps saying "Hello X, What are you selling today?".

I thought clearing browser data would've resetted it but not having any luck.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Right now the name can only be changed manually, looking at the database it seems like a lot of people put item names in there.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

amazing site! good work!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now the name can only be changed manually, looking at the database it seems like a lot of people put item names in there.
yep. too easy to accidentally click that field instead of the search field and type an item name in. and you can't change the name. annoying