Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Default Questions About Server

Greetings.

I am old player of EverQuest, and I've heard quite a bit about P99. Most of my questions have to do with community, and size. I've read in other forums that the community is generally friendly and positive. My main question has to do with the size of the server. As a new player to the server, I"m curious if I should focus on a solo class. Personally, my heart has always been with Monk, so that is likely what I will roll regardless, but I'm curious if I should expect to find and make friends over the course of my journey, or if I should expect to embark on this adventure mostly alone.

I am currently in the process of acquiring a Titanium client, and hope to get everything up and running by the end of next week at the latest.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:12 AM
Kobold

Late nights and early mornings usually dont have much grouping. During peak hours however, it can get pretty crowded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Kobold

Many people constantly level up, you will find lots of people to group with, but mostly in specific zones following the path of least resistance or the best loot and xp.
Don't expect to find a group in Najena or Permafrost for instance.

The monk is a good idea, it will let you group up, yet you can get off the beaten path and solo a bit when you feel like it.
Last edited by Fanguru; 04-10-2015 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Kobold

I was hard-pressed as a level 3 to not feel like it was 2001 Everquest. Lowbies to group with everywhere, mid- and high-level chars hanging out by ramps offering SoWs and whatnot.

In my twenties and it's much of the same. If you know popular spots, you're more likely to be on a wait list than searching for players.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Due to how old the server is the majority of the player base is very top heavy. This leaves many low level characters as alt-twinks or being power-leveled.

That being said, you can still find groups but only in specific zones which was mentioned in a poster above as part of the path of least resistance.

I did Newbie Zone -> Crushbone (BB should also work) -> Unrest ->Oasis (bleh, but there are groups to be had here) -> GukTop -> HHK and I am now 35, probably going to hit mistmoore. which can also be done instead of HHK at the low 20ish (pond group).

Since standard leveling zones are so specific do not be surprised that you need to be on a 'wait list'. If you can get other LFG people together great - though in my experience it can be difficult to force people out of these over camped spots.

I am not trying to discourage you from playing a melee character but I feel this is a fair warning. Being a Rogue I can usually find groups but if you can make a good reputation for yourself you'll find that at the lower level ranges the people who group regularly will recognize you.

For the odd night where my buddies are not online and I cannot find a group I'll just play a soloable alt.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

I would say that you will be able to find groups and even off peak hours there will be some groups still around. Grouping on Blue is definitely the easier of the two but at times finding camps or enough folks to group with can be an issue based on time you play and level range. As others have stated the server overall is very top heavy but there seems to be a good influx of players as well as alts being leveled on the regular.

I have had good luck recently posting on the forums here for a static and finding folks that are looking for the same thing I am. Depending on how much time you plan to commit to playing this might be a great strategy for you as others are usually looking for people to play with on the forums, especially new players.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Believe it or not I think there are TOO many people on as of late. Getting into a group in MM, or COM, KC is nearly impossible as of late on peak play times.

When Velious comes out nest month Kunark zones will be much better. But Velious zones will be like now, Overcrowded for months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not I think there are TOO many people on as of late. Getting into a group in MM, or COM, KC is nearly impossible as of late on peak play times.

When Velious comes out nest month Kunark zones will be much better. But Velious zones will be like now, Overcrowded for months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try other dungeons. A lot of them are empty.

MM, COM, KC are high traffic/volume players because for whatever reason they are comfortable with them.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

They are popular because they are spacious outdoor dungeons that are easy to run to zone in when dying. The indoor dungeons don't get much love on this server by the masses.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Like I mentioned earlier. If you can peel people away from these zones and hunt an unused dungeon you are golden. Bonus points for static xp groups.

But do feel free to make an alt to play when groups just are not seeming to happen (to be honest this is rare for me lately). Otherwise you'll get frustrated hammering a square peg in a round hole.
Closed Thread