Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

I always think it's hilarious when people try to save money by not buying a vendor spell. I mean really how cheap can you get. The most expensive vendor spells at high level are 7p, and are mere gold at low level....come on man!

In the time it took you to post this question you could have looted enough trash to buy every vendor spell for a whole level. Each time you check back to read the recommendations that's another level of spells you could have bought.

Don't look at this thread again until you get high enough level to worry about spell research or are buying dropped spells!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always think it's hilarious when people try to save money by not buying a vendor spell. I mean really how cheap can you get. The most expensive vendor spells at high level are 7p, and are mere gold at low level....come on man!

In the time it took you to post this question you could have looted enough trash to buy every vendor spell for a whole level. Each time you check back to read the recommendations that's another level of spells you could have bought.

Don't look at this thread again until you get high enough level to worry about spell research or are buying dropped spells!
the most expensive vendor spells at high level are actually 24-28 plat each depending on faction and charisma and it gets to be about 5-6 plat around 12-16 maybe earlier and to add onto that spells are 5-6 gold at level 4
Last edited by ECDubz; 06-04-2015 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I felt that the question wasn't worth asking, I wouldn't ask it. But thanks for playing.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

You should check the vendors. The prices for spells on the wiki aren't accurate, level 8 spells cost a bit over 4pp each.. and there is a ton of fluff in the enchanter repertoire so you're looking at some 70-80 plat by level 8 to just buy everything.

This isn't something a fresh account can reasonably afford, you do have to pick and choose up to that point. And at level 8 when you can start killing wisps and are able to buy them... you're still probably better off saving the money towards better gear instead of getting some wood elf illusion nonsense.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

There are worthless spells in the game. Why buy them?
Closed Thread