Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Default Low level Enchanter spells?

So I recently made an Enchanter on blue as they're much easier to solo with than a Monk. I was looking over the spell list, and I was curious about which spells were considered "best" or "required". For example, I notice that Enchanters can get Lull at level 1, but then they get Soothe at level 8. Is picking Lull up worth it just to replace it with Soothe at level 8? Is Lull perhaps better because it works on the same mobs and has a lower mana cost, regardless of the lower duration? I've already read the case for the first mes spell over the rest, and that one makes sense, despite there being little room to do much else during.

What level do groups typically start asking for Enchanter buffs as well? I am going in with the assumption that first level strength spell and such are likely not worth the investment.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Kobold

buy the spells, they arent that expensive and otherwise at level 5 when you are trying to split a camp with no lull you will hate yourself
Old 06-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You don't have to buy all the spells right as you level up, but I'd try to go back and backfill once you can afford it. Some really are junk though and can be skipped - things like True North or other super-narrow utility spells. Check out this guide if you haven't already to help you prioritize what spells to get at each level.

For group buffs, you are right that the early levels you don't need to really use them. You could throw strengthen on the melee types if you're at full mana, as it will help, but the effect is so small they'll barely notice. You're buffs become valuable at level 16 when you get Breeze and Quickness. At that point your group members (and random passers-by) will be begging for your buffs.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

You'll want all your spells eventually IMO.

Lull is used as a low mana spell however it has a small assist range removal, so if mobs are tightly packed it won't prevent assist when a better spell would've. This is mostly found in dense rooms, but for your situation where two mobs are in opposite corners of a room, lull works just fine.

At 16 you will get Breeze requests. I forget when Enchanter's first haste is and melee will ask for it. If you aren't CCing much maintain haste on the melee. But honestly your mana is better spent CCing or Charm DPS over recasting haste on melee every 5 minutes.

Strength isn't much help for DPS purposes. It has great use as a filler buff on a charmed pet who may get dispelled, or on a caster who is encumbered/on yourself as a filler buff to prevent dispells.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Only spells that I never really used are the cast sight/bind sight types, and sentinel.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Daldaen needs to stick to his druid/cleric I think.

You won't get much use out of whirl til you hurl on blue, though it's fun to have in your book.

First haste is at 16 (come on Dal, wiki is a click away)... but it lasts about 7 minutes and is expensive. You'll definitely use it but it's a PITA to have to keep recasting. That'll get easier as you level, and you can palm people off with an augmentation (less haste but has stat benefits) which lasts longer at 29.

If you're soloing a lot, definitely buy your "Rune" line of spells and keep stocked with the relevant gems that consume as you cast it. It'll save a lot of sitting around in troll illusion waiting for HP to regenerate.

You'll want your AE mez spell at 16 which is research only but a real life saver if you overpull.

Beyond that, trial and error is definitely something that'll make you a better enchanter - not the easiest class to master but it's a lot of fun along the way as long as people assist the tank rather than hitting what they like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're soloing a lot, definitely buy your "Rune" line of spells and keep stocked with the relevant gems that consume as you cast it. It'll save a lot of sitting around in troll illusion waiting for HP to regenerate.
I had no idea that illusions gave racial bonuses. Does this hold true for the Iksar illusion?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2015, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no idea that illusions gave racial bonuses. Does this hold true for the Iksar illusion?
No that's a troll only thing.

If you ever make a necro alt, skeleton illusion can help you bank in evil cities without any hassle (Neriak/Grobb/Oggok/etc).

Fire elemental illusion gives a damage shield, air elemental gives you levitate.

Illusions are great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Does the enchanter wolf illusion give +atk like it does for rangers/druids? Not that you'd melee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Does the enchanter wolf illusion give +atk like it does for rangers/druids? Not that you'd melee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does indeed! It also gives you the special ability to be harassed for SoW.

Water elemental illusion also gives you water breathing!
Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

for leveling an enchanter and prioritizing spells i recommend top to bottom in order of need.

Pet untill 12 (then charm replaces this priority)
Mez spells
Tash
Haste/Slow
DD
Dot
Stun
Calming spells

I dont recommend getting the debuffing spells for strength as for me i rarely ever use them. I also highly recommend using charm soloing as your prime leveling strategy when not actively grouping. When it comes down to the Lull line (calming spells) these are used mainly for breaking camps and depends what spells will effect what level mobs you can use it on. I highly recommend getting all levels of all spells because you may go somewhere lower level and want to not use a level 49 spell on a level 16 mob. Just my 2 cents.

Enchanters start getting bugged for buffs starting at 16.
Last edited by ECDubz; 06-04-2015 at 12:45 PM..
Closed Thread