Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Just have to point out, mobs that social aggro (which is almost any mob of consequence) will assist their buddies even against players with max warmly faction. The thing that prevents adds with invis, hide and whatever else is the mobs can't SEE the player.

Things like this were usually explained on Live as follows:
Mob1: Oh look, Soandso is my friend! Hi Soandso, I look upon you warmly!
Soandso punches Mob1 in the face!
Mob1: You asshole! I hate you now! You gunna die!
Soandso invises and runs away.
Mob1: I'm gonna catch you jerkface! I can still see you cus I'm so mad at you!
Mob1 runs past Mob2, Mob3, Mobn.
Mob2: There goes Mob1. I wonder why he's chasing after nothing and screaming? That guy has problems.

Applying logic to this just doesn't work. If we're going to apply logic, then you'd think Trakanon would spawn someplace else where there weren't 50+ characters logged out ready to kill him in the first 60 seconds. Trakanon says, "Crap, you guys again? I never thought you'd come back and kill me some more!" Verant created it, nobody said Verant was really thinking about it.

Edit: Also, the whole reason monks pull with sneak is because sneak makes you "invisible" to mobs whose backs are turned. I guess that should be removed too? Am I misunderstanding the mechanics? I always acted on that idea and it always worked on both Live and P99.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 08-23-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

* Two people can camp the myconid spore king in sebilis. Without this its 3-4, and that's only if you have a really good monk, more like 5 if you actually have to sit on the spawn.
* All VP dragons are fought at the zone in, meaning its possible to kill them with 15 players rather than 25-30
This is where efforts are being made to keep this bug in the game.

When a mob is aggro'd or runs past another mob, it should make the bring a friend check. Invisibility doesn't matter.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Can a dev confirm here that if this does not work on Al'Kabor it is admissible as evidence?

It's pretty crazy to have this here, I cannot find ONE patch note that says that this was ever taken out or comment stating otherwise it was "intended" to be in the game.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:32 AM
VIP / Contributor

Cut the crap all of you. Either post links for proof of this TIME LINE or not.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

The issue here is posting patch notes for something that was never broken in my opinion, much like the necro heal.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue here is posting patch notes for something that was never broken in my opinion, much like the necro heal.
Opinions are not proofs.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a dev confirm here that if this does not work on Al'Kabor it is admissible as evidence?

It's pretty crazy to have this here, I cannot find ONE patch note that says that this was ever taken out or comment stating otherwise it was "intended" to be in the game.
the patch note you seek is one that talks about how mobs broadcast and assist vs invs players. All in all it was only a partial nerf to invs pulling.

pressing hide while casting I can agree can only be done now because of interface... But invs by other player while casting is fine and proper, as is sk/necro cos pulling.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Xadion, thanks, and can you post the patch note that I seek?

There's 2 ways to look at these bugs. One they make things easier for you, so defend them. Two, it's going to cause people to kill things or handle content they otherwise could not... and in the Velious raid scene that could stack up to a lot of stuff you guys in TMO might have been able to get otherwise. The best way is to do it the right way. Almost everyone who came here did because they wanted that true nostalgic experience.

As far as this bug goes, I'd say the same goes with the absolutely correct point that was made about NPCs attacking players who drag corpses of players they don't like.

(I appear to have the TMO forum militia on my tail but consider this: think of when you guys (being in the top raiding guild) are trying to hoard sleeper keys, others will be able to exploit this to maximize the number of targets killed while you're doing other things. The fact is, they're going to be able to clear content faster than they should because of this problem. Whereas, you guys have raided morning, afternoon and sometimes even prime time to secure your right (as you so often put it) to claim this content.)
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-27-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

I have looked for it, but I did not have much luck- I am going based on what I remember the patch being about- also I seem to remember that it was late velious or luclin...so really it is out of the time line of the server imo.. researching it is when i stumbled across the PoHate zone out patch :-P <--this again is my bad memory so take it as you will

as debated the ability to press a ability (hide) while casting is something outside of a patch/nerf as it may have not physically been able to be done on the classic UI - therefor the need to nerf/change is dubious...

As for tagging someting pressing your CoS and booking it to the zone... unless something saw invs- the mobs that where agroed on your initial pull are the only mobs that come- and yes you could use a bow and invs before the arrow hit...:-)

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 08-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned

I can't find the patch note that says mobs will treat dispels as a hostile action either but I can find a bunch of everlore posts clearly stating the approximate time of the patch and that reinforce my statement.

I'm on the prowl too!