Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Literally deleted and rerolled my Barb rogue into a Wood Elf, no regrets. Can cap out str no prob with my shitty gear.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarians rogues get throwing boulders. Synergises well with their ability to crit on throw.
downside here is choosing your entire future flavor/look based on an uncommon drop off of giants only found inside Perma/SolB, or the three perma-camped spawned outside Perma. without doing any math I also suspect a 36dmg throwing crit will not do THAT much more damage than a 50+ bow without crit, like if it does 2x the damage it won't be anywhre close to worth it
Old 04-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Botb winner on red was a barb boulder rogue and he was crushing people

boulders are underrated but I dont know if there are discipline mechanics that enchance boulder damage or crits

its pretty insane from what I remember seeing on red where the OP shit tends to surface more obviously
Old 04-20-2020, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
downside here is choosing your entire future flavor/look based on an uncommon drop off of giants only found inside Perma/SolB, or the three perma-camped spawned outside Perma. without doing any math I also suspect a 36dmg throwing crit will not do THAT much more damage than a 50+ bow without crit, like if it does 2x the damage it won't be anywhre close to worth it
Those things drop like candy, no idea what you're talking about.

Appearance etc is entirely moot for Rogues due to guise.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the only reason.

Boob tubes.

Kilts.

Polar bear hats.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I thought in PVP throwing boulders in EQ could do huge damage with crits and discs no? Can they hit another player for over 1k? No idea but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something there.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought in PVP throwing boulders in EQ could do huge damage with crits and discs no? Can they hit another player for over 1k? No idea but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something there.
I'll admit im surprised not a single data nerd has taken the opportunity to explain just how good boulders are with disc, it's not in character of this forum
Old 04-20-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomance22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll admit im surprised not a single data nerd has taken the opportunity to explain just how good boulders are with disc, it's not in character of this forum
Haha I thought, wait that's a good point:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=135020

edit: damages from the R.I.Pieces tiny url pic

Id like to add guess who's there? Of course Nirgon lol While we learned to play on this server were you born on it?
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-20-2020 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-21-2020, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomance22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Botb winner on red was a barb boulder rogue and he was crushing people

boulders are underrated but I dont know if there are discipline mechanics that enchance boulder damage or crits

its pretty insane from what I remember seeing on red where the OP shit tends to surface more obviously
That makes sense, I was imagining entirely from my bluebie experience. I can see a time when you'd want fast ranged damage that approximated bad melee dps for your level

*but*

What is this disc that you would use for throwing boulders?

Counterattack Discipline--Allows you to perfectly time your counter attacks, riposting every incoming blow.
Deadeye Discipline--Focuses your vision on you opponent, vastly increasing your hit rate.
Nimble Discipline--Increases your combat reflexes, allowing you to avoid most attacks.-
Kinesthetics Discipline--Increases your combat sense, allowing you to dual wield and double attack every round.-
Blinding Speed Discipline--Focuses energy into your arms, increasing your attack speed.
Duelist Discipline--Increase the damage done by all of your melee attacks. [100% increase]

None of these look great for using on Throwing rather then on melee, I guess if you combined Blinding Speed and Duelist (does Duelist even affect ranged? it says 'melee' damage, whether that means 'not spell damage' or 'melee combat' idk) together you could throw them pretty fast (21 delay? https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...blinding-speed) for the afore-quoted ~200 damage on your crits?

It's been a very long time since I've grouped with a 55+ rogue, and even longer since I've been one, but iirc by 59 you're very easily doing 200+ damage per "attack round" of 2-4 hits, and faster than 21 delay for sure, without backstabs and without having to be behind the target for your crits to fire, and without spell haste or disc.

I know posts like this can trigger peeps' AnGeR At ThE nEwBs but I'm not trying to argue that I'm right. Rather than evidence "against you", above is just my experience. I'd love someone to describe for me a time they used Throwing Boulders as a rogue rather than melee. Why did you and how did it go? Extra points if the answer is "because it was hella fun"
Last edited by Tnair; 04-21-2020 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

OP asks for an easy solo class. People mostly talk about rogues for 11 pages.

Goodness...no. God no. There are easy classes who can also solo with little to no gear:
Shaman or Druid would be my picks. Good races so easier travel even. Both get SoW.
Closed Thread