Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 01:14 PM
Banned

no bias/hate answers only
Old 08-27-2021, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d say… 90% of tracker FTEs, if not more are an immediate set back for the guild who got it. As almost every single one of them is, like described above, someone logging in to a guild bot and getting one shotted. If we do away with an immediate concede for that, The only guild who is disadvantaged is the guild who now has to figure out how to coth to that engage or operate with only one mage vs 2.

I brought up good faith because obviously neither kriot nor vanquish show good faith to each other very often. However, it should be something to work towards. Something as simple as an inter guild agreement that if you say ahead of time that your guild is about to log in X, and we aren’t 100% X is in the right spot because it is a guild bot, and if tracker FTE is obtained you do not have to insta concede. It’s that simple.

But that won’t happen. Kriot will claim that it’s another ploy for vanquish to cheat. Vanquish will claim, of course kriot wouldn’t go with an agreement that SHOULD be a no brainer, as it removes a possibility of free mobs for them.

It’s very easy to forget where your toons are. You have to remember that a decent amount of our players have been here for over a decade at this point. There are a lot of people who have double digit amount of level 60 toons that are either theirs, or their retired friends. For instance, I haven’t played twochain nor Feiht since the last time I raided. Which was a week ago. I have literally no idea where twochain was left. If I had to guess. He’s at tov entrance. But he could just as easily be /exited in aary pit. Detox alone probably has fricking over 60 level 60 toons he could log in and raid with at any given time. My rogue is shared with some officers in guilds, and he could literally be anywhere. (The red headed bastard step child that he is). And because some of us rapidly change characters as needed, it’s very easy to leave a toon somewhere hastily to switch to a different target, with the intention of moving it back to entrance later, forgetting in the chaos, and not logging that toon until next cycle, or hell 3 cycles later.

We obviously don’t want to change the meta to something as bergzerg as camping 100 toons at each dragon, but laying out guidelines to not have to insta concede tracker fte should be a no brainer.

While we’re at it, what the hell was the deal with the “there are more guilds than just vanquish on the server” when we offered to let Riot compete against us for otherwise completely free mobs? Okay fine you can claim that we are trying to do away with bag limits, but Jesus Christ come on.. we were trying to show, in good faith, that we’re not just pixel lusting bloodhounds, and that we would rather possibly lose a completely free mob and allow Riot to go compete against us, as for most of us we play this game for the spirit of competition, not the loot. “God” reacts. Really???? Like fuckin really? I don’t even know how that’s a response. Like yeah, we know there’s more than one guild on the server, we’re trying to let them have a chance at something they otherwise wouldn’t be able to touch due to bag limits.

I just don’t respect it. I don’t respect it because when AM was trying to figure out a solution to overcome the insane Zerg meta, Riot WOULDNT budge in the slightest with making changes, because they were coming to monopolize the content. And white knuckled that shit until furor left. Now, the turns have tabled, and look who’s howling to the moon for changes rotations, bag limits and cheating. The conversation than we’re laughed at. Of CoUrsE a DyIng GuIlD WaNtS To MaKE ChANgES. YoU ArE BeInG SeRVeD HuMbLe PiE, HoW DoEs It TaStE??
Detoxx has a ten year history of liking agreements when his guild is dominating and then suddenly calling for changes to the rules when it is losing. He hated racing when he didn't have Furor. Now I bet he loves it! Why the change of heart?

In this way, he never negotiates in good faith. To expect anything different back is dumb.

And I can tell you don't get it either. Why was the insance Zerg meta something that needed to be overcome? Because AM was losing, duh.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone able to fill me up on what happened to <Riot>?

Didn't they used to be the most powerful raid guild for a few years? What happened?

And why do they keep lawyer questing and why does Vanquish keep complaining?
They are lawyerquesting because Riot leadership isn't any good at actual everquest, and gets shit on every time they play the game. So rather than try to be competitive in Everquest, they try to be competitive in Discord.
Old 08-27-2021, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

imagine believing in "competitive everquest"
Old 08-27-2021, 01:32 PM
Orc

Twochain I lubs you.

-Lentis
Old 08-27-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx has a ten year history of liking agreements when his guild is dominating and then suddenly calling for changes to the rules when it is losing. He hated racing when he didn't have Furor. Now I bet he loves it! Why the change of heart?

In this way, he never negotiates in good faith. To expect anything different back is dumb.

And I can tell you don't get it either. Why was the insance Zerg meta something that needed to be overcome? Because AM was losing, duh.
No one in either guild enjoys being in a superzerg

The staff has this mindset that rule changes should require unanimous signoff. Which basically means nothing ever gets changed, because the #1 guild will always want the status quo

So then it becomes who cries to the staff the most rather than devising a better system to deal with problems
Old 08-27-2021, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine believing in "competitive everquest"
Hi friend!
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We obviously don’t want to change the meta to something as bergzerg as camping 100 toons at each dragon, but laying out guidelines to not have to insta concede tracker fte should be a no brainer.

While we’re at it, what the hell was the deal with the “there are more guilds than just vanquish on the server” when we offered to let Riot compete against us for otherwise completely free mobs? Okay fine you can claim that we are trying to do away with bag limits, but Jesus Christ come on.. we were trying to show, in good faith, that we’re not just pixel lusting bloodhounds, and that we would rather possibly lose a completely free mob and allow Riot to go compete against us, as for most of us we play this game for the spirit of competition, not the loot. “God” reacts. Really???? Like fuckin really? I don’t even know how that’s a response. Like yeah, we know there’s more than one guild on the server, we’re trying to let them have a chance at something they otherwise wouldn’t be able to touch due to bag limits.
tracker FTE = immediate concede is a good rule because it removes any and all ambiguity into what the result should be. no need to figure out if you interfered with a raid, or trained anyone, or anything else. were you beyond the race line? if yes, automatic concession. remember which bots are where, don't be bad.

re: you second paragraph: bag limits aren't between guilds, they are a server rule. it's not up to you all to decide if you want to offer the ability to skirt that rule. acting like you have the right to decide that is another example of your guild's outsize arrogance, which, quelle surprise, people don't like.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tracker FTE = immediate concede is a good rule because it removes any and all ambiguity into what the result should be. no need to figure out if you interfered with a raid, or trained anyone, or anything else. were you beyond the race line? if yes, automatic concession. remember which bots are where, don't be bad.

re: you second paragraph: bag limits aren't between guilds, they are a server rule. it's not up to you all to decide if you want to offer the ability to skirt that rule. acting like you have the right to decide that is another example of your guild's outsize arrogance, which, quelle surprise, people don't like.
Well it was worded in such a way as, IF the gm's are okay with it we're okay with it.
Old 08-27-2021, 04:47 PM
Banned

I'm going to point out some things that my be able to help you guys succeed more in the raid scene.

1) Riot is too complacent in their old zerg mentality of clearing mobs one by one to the target and won't adapt. In addition, old play makers are retired/afk/Green/etc and new playmakers need to emerge. Kittens is knowledgeable on the engages, yet needs more repetition and both guilds need to work together more to become successful.

1) Kriot leadership determines the best thing to do is contest Lady M for over 4hrs, not realizing it's better to pivot to another target and not go down the route of triples madness when more than one guild is there. This is a prime example of poor leadership decisions by wasting everyone's time and willpower while a perfectly uncontested dragon is up (Lord K, Vyemm).

3) Lord Vyemm - Uncontested. Instead of utilizing this time to train and practice in a competitive environment, you guys automatically revert to pulling solo and clearing the old fashioned and unsuccessful way. Sure, you got the kill. Did it benefit you guys in any way or did you learn anything from it? No, you did not.

If these simple leadership problems are addressed, and you guys actually practice competitive engagement practices, I firmly believe you can climb back into the winning column and boost morale overall.
Closed Thread