Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-15-2022, 05:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty big leap to go from “no” to a lockout question to “ well they said no so clearly all server rules are thrown out.”
There's a difference between "throw out all server rules, ever" and "rules specific to an encounter might not apply in this narrow circumstance". A rational person might look at a case where something is declared exceptional in a way and think "hmmm.. this seems like an exceptional situation; maybe it's exceptional in other ways, too". Since A does not apply, it raises the very real possibility that B and C might not either.

I'm not advocating any leaps. To the contrary, I'm suggesting that you firmly establish that what you believe to be correct is actually correct before you begin pointing fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which if that’s the case, then maybe the training if there was any, would of been fair game. Or is that too big of a leap too??
I would say so considering the trainer got banned on the spot.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh wow, I almost missed this

Quote:
then maybe the training if there was any
Yikes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2022, 05:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a difference between "throw out all server rules, ever" and "rules specific to an encounter might not apply in this narrow circumstance". A rational person might look at a case where something is declared exceptional in a way and think "hmmm.. this seems like an exceptional situation; maybe it's exceptional in other ways, too". Since A does not apply, it raises the very real possibility that B and C might not either.

I'm not advocating any leaps. To the contrary, I'm suggesting that you firmly establish that what you believe to be correct is actually correct before you begin pointing fingers.

I would say so considering the trainer got banned on the spot.
Maybe? At the end of the day, we aren’t GMs, so this is just a bunch of words you and I have wasted. No matter if we come to an agreement on this subject or agree to disagree none of it matters, what will be conceded the next sleeper event yeli trigger? El oh el.

But my point if I was to make any, is something you did as well, you take an answer to one question and assume other pieces. In your example “since A doesn’t apply, there is a real (possibility) that B and C doesn’t either.” Take that possibility out and get that confirmation and you’ll see things go a lot smoother in the end.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow, I almost missed this

Yikes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always gotta leave reasonable doubt, that debate 101.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
But my point if I was to make any, is something you did as well, you take an answer to one question and assume other pieces.
Raising the possibility that you might be wrong in your conclusions is not an assumption.

Quote:
Always gotta leave reasonable doubt, that debate 101.
Cameras all pointed at Yelinak's lair in one of the largest events that can occur on a P99 server. ST's comms were being streamed. A GM delivered a very quick response. I think it's safe to say the standard of proof has been exceeded in this case.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yea my forum name and game name are the same, I’m not hiding lol. And I don’t know, we’ll never know because in the end Foreign Policy, Kingdom, Castle, Safe Space, maybe some others? Got “Server First Sleeper Event Spawned Yeli” as their consolation prize. Rumor has it kingdom paid 75k for the yeli…
we'll never know if those same guilds wouldn't have left it sleeping, either. thats kind of how i notice everyone operates here, worst assumptions and projection

haha wow, paid who, the other guilds as mercs to come to their side?
Old 04-15-2022, 07:25 PM
Banned

I still wanna hear like a hypothetical, clear description of how the idyllic p99 raid guild should operate and behave. Should a server go ten years without ever waking the sleeper, until everyone agrees it's okay to do? Who gets to vote? What if some wide-eyed newb just joined the server yesterday? Are you gonna DENY him pixels??? Every time you get to a camp before somebody else who wants it, you are CHOOSING as a PLAYER to DENY HIM PIXELS, which is totally different and super-worse than.... something.

Nobody's hands are clean. Be happy we have somewhere to even be mad about this.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still wanna hear like a hypothetical, clear description of how the idyllic p99 raid guild should operate and behave. Should a server go ten years without ever waking the sleeper, until everyone agrees it's okay to do? Who gets to vote? What if some wide-eyed newb just joined the server yesterday? Are you gonna DENY him pixels??? Every time you get to a camp before somebody else who wants it, you are CHOOSING as a PLAYER to DENY HIM PIXELS, which is totally different and super-worse than.... something.

As long as you can comprehend it's player triggered and not like manastone who gives a fuck
Old 04-15-2022, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I dont care about this at all cause i don't play green but still that's a pretty poor comparison. Taking a normal camp doesn't make that camp cease to exist when you leave lol they can just come back tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:45 PM
Banned

If you put 100$ on the ground with a sign saying if you return this spot a week later and the original $100 is still there you get $10,000, no one would get $10,000. Someone gonna pick up that $100 before a week

If God came down and said everyone has to say they believe in him or he blows up the world, we all die

You’ll never get everyone to cooperate on something