Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-15-2022, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not reading all the stuff before this. Just wanted to say: in another few years you all that are mad will have the chance to do ST with warders in it again(probably) on the next repeat server. Good luck.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 04-16-2022, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

^ pretty much this
Old 04-16-2022, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Consider yellow, sorry you don't got
Old 04-16-2022, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

same thing here: you guys are just scared of competition
Seal Team is the only guild on the server that has shown up every week to compete from the beginning of green up to this week. This 'scared of competition' nonsense is just weak.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:50 AM
Sarnak

Seal Team lost the game by waking the sleeper.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:46 AM
Banned

I just dont understand the logic of people still mad. If the top guild is only leaving the warders up out of some kind of server charity, would it really feel that epic to get a gnome mask or whatever the like two other things you can't get now are? It wouldn't for me, personally. It wouldn't feel very triumphant to say "Okay now that seal team waited 8 months for us to get keyed, let's compete!".
Old 04-16-2022, 12:00 PM
Aviak

It's not realistic to expect people to understand all of the nuances of this matter, heck even Seal Team did not anticipate all of the complexities of Sleeper's Tomb. As each key drops and months pass, it becomes abundantly clear that it's just not a sustainable situation to keep the sleeper asleep indefinitely.

The drama only becomes more intense every single cycle and the number of players that want to end it grows and grows. Eventually either you wake it or it is woken for you. It's a fallacy to assume that waking is simply a choice by one or two individuals because contrary to popular belief, guilds are not authoritarian regimes. Once a critical mass of keys has been obtained, it's only a matter of time. 6-12 months asleep is a good expectation for any Everquest server. The better the guild relations at the top end, the closer you can get to 12 months.

Due to Warders on p99 being 48-hour windows (6 day +-24hrs) and the Golems being 24hour windows, it pretty much turns Sleeper's Tomb into a 24/7 sock and kills any guild that attempts it for a long period of time. That is clearly a huge problem, which forces rotations. Rotations are kryptonite to competitive players, so if it were to work, on future servers, you would want Key parity at Velious launch so that by the time Warders can be killed, it would require cooperation. That way, neither guild has a dominant presence and is forced to rotate the content to get their warder loot. In theory that should keep the competitive players on the back foot for a longer period of time. That sort of scenario may keep the sleeper asleep for at least an additional 6 months I think. You do run the risk of alienating the competitive players who could splinter off and form a new guild and blow up the agreement. (given P99's history, this is actually quite likely).

So for the next P99 server, I would recommend the top guilds compete for keys immediately and hope parity of keying takes place and dramatically increases the number of players desiring Warder loot. Maintain good relations proactively and arrive at a rotation agreement as quickly as possible and find a way to keep the hardcore players content. Avoid competitive ST so that socking is side-stepped because that will only lead to waking.

It's a mess of a situation, I can assure you all of that. In the end, if you want warder loot it should be your goal from the moment Velious drops, otherwise, it's unlikely due to the tsunami of politics and drama that arises.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not realistic to expect people to understand all of the nuances of this matter, heck even Seal Team did not anticipate all of the complexities of Sleeper's Tomb. As each key drops and months pass, it becomes abundantly clear that it's just not a sustainable situation to keep the sleeper asleep indefinitely.

The drama only becomes more intense every single cycle and the number of players that want to end it grows and grows. Eventually either you wake it or it is woken for you. It's a fallacy to assume that waking is simply a choice by one or two individuals because contrary to popular belief, guilds are not authoritarian regimes. Once a critical mass of keys has been obtained, it's only a matter of time. 6-12 months asleep is a good expectation for any Everquest server. The better the guild relations at the top end, the closer you can get to 12 months.

Due to Warders on p99 being 48-hour windows (6 day +-24hrs) and the Golems being 24hour windows, it pretty much turns Sleeper's Tomb into a 24/7 sock and kills any guild that attempts it for a long period of time. That is clearly a huge problem, which forces rotations. Rotations are kryptonite to competitive players, so if it were to work, on future servers, you would want Key parity at Velious launch so that by the time Warders can be killed, it would require cooperation. That way, neither guild has a dominant presence and is forced to rotate the content to get their warder loot. In theory that should keep the competitive players on the back foot for a longer period of time. That sort of scenario may keep the sleeper asleep for at least an additional 6 months I think. You do run the risk of alienating the competitive players who could splinter off and form a new guild and blow up the agreement. (given P99's history, this is actually quite likely).

So for the next P99 server, I would recommend the top guilds compete for keys immediately and hope parity of keying takes place and dramatically increases the number of players desiring Warder loot. Maintain good relations proactively and arrive at a rotation agreement as quickly as possible and find a way to keep the hardcore players content. Avoid competitive ST so that socking is side-stepped because that will only lead to waking.

It's a mess of a situation, I can assure you all of that. In the end, if you want warder loot it should be your goal from the moment Velious drops, otherwise, it's unlikely due to the tsunami of politics and drama that arises.
So due to the wide spawn window and the possibility of other people getting mobs if your guild doesn’t camp the zone 24/7 the solution is to remove the warders. You got yours and others might get some unless you flip the off switch. You have to flip the off switch because if you dont somebody else might! Oh the horrors! Should rename your guild to <Got Ours>
Old 04-16-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So due to the wide spawn window and the possibility of other people getting mobs if your guild doesn’t camp the zone 24/7 the solution is to remove the warders. You got yours and others might get some unless you flip the off switch. You have to flip the off switch because if you dont somebody else might! Oh the horrors! Should rename your guild to <Got Ours>
You clearly didnt read the post lol. Read it again.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly didnt read the post lol. Read it again.
i wouldnt even bother, short minded folks in the camp of "we can totally keep it sleeping" have never worked or gone through the troubles of getting the loot themselves. They live in a fantasy world of, if i log in i should get it. Champions of Participation awards, fathers and mothers of "my son didnt get a trophy and hes been to every practice and road the bench every game, he deserves an award~!"