Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-16-2022, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to point fingers at the people who are dicks you should start with the developers rather than the people who are trying to fulfil the ultimate finality of green's lifespan before it's canned by p99's staff. What would be a bigger waste, someone losing out on an item or the entire server never experiencing Kerafyrm's awakening?

What would be the good-guy move? To not disrupt it, let the servers merge and let the people obsessed with loot farming continue their warped mindset of pixel grinding forever? I disagree. The concept of Kerafyrm was flawed by the devs - who probably had good intentions in regards to story* telling - and by the virtue of P99 being a clone it's flawed all the same. What remains is the playerbase wishing to see what they couldn't all those years ago, and is that any different from the desire of someone wanting their best-in-slot item from a warder? Isn't it the exact same? Is an item more important than waking the sleeper, when both are just a dream or a memory of something you never had?

Unless you have a good reason for green/blue to continue indefinitely while consuming the lives of the people who play it until they die of a pulmonary embolism I would call any argument against finality disingenuous. The end needs to happen, otherwise there is no meaning to whatever item you obtained from the warder. What is more disingenuous than greed for the sake of it? What is the purpose of blue, or the green that bleeds onto it? How can someone be a dick for preventing others from wasting their lives on an emu server at the end of it's rope?
I wasn't saying that the sleeper should never be awakened. The ogre was saying that he can't understand why people were upset, so I explained some of the reasons. The social aspects were a big part of why a lot of people were/are upset. A ST leader is on the record saying that they wouldn't wake it before more people got to experience the content. Some in ST also believe that Kingdom broke encounter rules to obtain a number of keys, so waking the sleeper was to give Kingdom the finger.

In a social context, being dishonest/not sticking with your word, and being spiteful are behaviors that people tend to not like. This is why many people were upset and this is why a group of guilds teamed up to kill Yelinak to show their disatisfaction.

For transparency's sake, I'm a member of Kingdom, but my play time the last year is so limited that i have like a 3% raid attendance, so there is no way I was ever going to get a key. It doesn't really impact me personally, and I'm not personally angry. That said, I can still call a duck a duck when it quacks in our collective faces.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:58 AM
Orc

This thread is shit. One pussy refuses to say dicks for some reason and two idiots arguing over manastone/sleeper should just go fuck already. Hope this helps
Old 04-16-2022, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is shit. One pussy refuses to say dicks for some reason and two idiots arguing over manastone/sleeper should just go fuck already. Hope this helps
Super helpful, thank you!
Old 04-16-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's claiming devs removing manastone is like players waking sleeper for a reason

Sorry you're too dumb to see it

Hope that helps
Old 04-16-2022, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Can we drop the bullshit, please?

We got a user pretending this isn’t loot denail because of Essence Lens quest. Lmao, no comment.

We got users pretending this wasn’t pure selfishness. Of course it was. ST wanted to have waking the sleeper on their list of accomplishments. They weren’t willing to risk that for the sake of other guilds being allowed to have a go at legacy warder loot. They weren’t even willing to plan the awakening well ahead of time and on a weekend when most people in both time zones could realistically attend the once-in-a-server event.

Then we got people pretending that this isn’t what the devs want. It’s clear that the devs wanted a system for green that premieres the poopsockers. That’s why I also laughed when ST threw a hissy fit about bag limits.

To summarize, ST are pussies and entitled selfish players who use the rationale that since they burned the most hotpockets during batphone calls they deserved to wake the sleeper. Usrrs who use a semblance of balance between real and virtual life are asked to play on another emu. The former is of course bullcrap, ST aren’t deserving of anything, the later however has a ring of truth to it. The P99 devs set up rules for the server that created this, this is their vision of classic Everquest.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we drop the bullshit, please?

We got a user pretending this isn’t loot denail because of Essence Lens quest. Lmao, no comment.

We got users pretending this wasn’t pure selfishness. Of course it was. ST wanted to have waking the sleeper on their list of accomplishments. They weren’t willing to risk that for the sake of other guilds being allowed to have a go at legacy warder loot. They weren’t even willing to plan the awakening well ahead of time and on a weekend when most people in both time zones could realistically attend the once-in-a-server event.

Then we got people pretending that this isn’t what the devs want. It’s clear that the devs wanted a system for green that premieres the poopsockers. That’s why I also laughed when ST threw a hissy fit about bag limits.

To summarize, ST are pussies and entitled selfish players who use the rationale that since they burned the most hotpockets during batphone calls they deserved to wake the sleeper. Usrrs who use a semblance of balance between real and virtual life are asked to play on another emu. The former is of course bullcrap, ST aren’t deserving of anything, the later however has a ring of truth to it. The P99 devs set up rules for the server that created this, this is their vision of classic Everquest.
It isn't pretending, you are factually denying Essence Lens by keeping Sleeper sleeping. To pretend otherwise is just silly. Or do you have some other definition of loot denial we are not privy to?

People aren't pretending it isn't selfish. Everquest is a selfish game by nature lol. That is why guilds compete to get loot, they don't simply share. I am not sure how saying it's selfish is an argument against Seal Team. Does Kingdom just give all their loot away to other guilds?

Basically to summarize you are mad and dislike Seal Team lol. That is why half of your whole argument is just insulting Seal Team.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Keeping the sleeper sleeping is loot denial of you want to frame it that way. But if everyone capable of waking the sleeper on a server AGREES to that denial, then it's a non issue.

I cant believe this nit-picky bullshit is in its 43rd page. Go outside. I'm disappointed in myself for reading this far.

To Seal Team decision makers (cause it wasn't everyone people), wish you weren't dicks about it.

Also to Seal Team, grats on the accomplishment. You had to neck-beard, hot-pocket, forego a life, and piss off an entire server to do it, but you DID accomplish a feat which deserves some respect. There most certainly will be a price to pay beyond what you've paid already, but you did earn the opportunity.

It's a free game, eat a dick. The developeerrrsss allllllll haaaavvveeeee jooooobbbbbsssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri View Post
You're as charming as an ogre, you're as clever as a troll
eat a diiiiiiiiiick
Taku <Castle>
Old 04-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't pretending, you are factually denying Essence Lens by keeping Sleeper sleeping. To pretend otherwise is just silly. Or do you have some other definition of loot denial we are not privy to?

People aren't pretending it isn't selfish. Everquest is a selfish game by nature lol. That is why guilds compete to get loot, they don't simply share. I am not sure how saying it's selfish is an argument against Seal Team. Does Kingdom just give all their loot away to other guilds?

Basically to summarize you are mad and dislike Seal Team lol. That is why half of your whole argument is just insulting Seal Team.
The answer is no, people forget Kingdom said no to open raids in classic cause they didn't want to share....
Old 04-16-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keeping the sleeper sleeping is loot denial of you want to frame it that way. But if everyone capable of waking the sleeper on a server AGREES to that denial, then it's a non issue.

I cant believe this nit-picky bullshit is in its 43rd page. Go outside. I'm disappointed in myself for reading this far.

To Seal Team decision makers (cause it wasn't everyone people), wish you weren't dicks about it.

Also to Seal Team, grats on the accomplishment. You had to neck-beard, hot-pocket, forego a life, and piss off an entire server to do it, but you DID accomplish a feat which deserves some respect. There most certainly will be a price to pay beyond what you've paid already, but you did earn the opportunity.
It's not framing, it's fact. The only framing going on is people claiming you can loot deny Scepter of Destruction and Shroud of Longevity, but you can't loot deny Essence Lens lol. Even if everyone agrees that it's only loot denial for waking Sleeper, they are still factually incorrect. Everybody could agree that the sun no longer exists, but that doesn't make it true.

Again, you are just mad at Seal Team. Half your entire post is just a backhanded compliment.

If you are so much better than everybody on these forums, why bother posting here? Just go outside[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-16-2022 at 12:54 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You’re actually doubling down on the Lens argument? That’s hilarious. Noone expects the sleeper to be around forever and the Lens quest will be available for as long as p99 exists after that. It’s one item which you wouldn’t even know if you had equipped vs fungal regen robe and gnome illusion masks on top of resistance stones and whatnot. Nobody was being denied the Lens quest and the people who already had obtained the warder loot they wanted were the only ones who’d really have to unwillingly WAIT for the lens quest. Don’t compare the two, it’s NOT the same thing.

And I wouldn’t argue EQ is a selfish game in its nature, people are selfish in their nature, or rather, enough people are.

I’m only sad at ST for picking a poor time, weak. I don’t need any warder loot.