Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-16-2022, 12:51 PM
Orc

I am short minded when it comes to velious but from what i can observe sleepers has a bottleneck to get keyed. Seals prioritized this and had the rewards of the exclusive zone. Eventually other groups got keys, it became harder to keep every warder spawn. There could be plenty of arrangements to keep warder farming a thing for longer. I don’t have a dog in the fight at all just seems rude to have waken it so early.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am short minded when it comes to velious but from what i can observe sleepers has a bottleneck to get keyed. Seals prioritized this and had the rewards of the exclusive zone. Eventually other groups got keys, it became harder to keep every warder spawn. There could be plenty of arrangements to keep warder farming a thing for longer. I don’t have a dog in the fight at all just seems rude to have waken it so early.
As I said, I don't expect others to understand the entire situation. All I can do is provide factual information to aid others in their understanding because I believe some folks are genuinely curious.

One thing I've learned from this situation is that waking is guild agnostic, these challenges surface regardless of the guild in question. I've been on both sides of this, so I empathize.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

I can't read 16 pages, but I'll offer my limited insight.

1) Farming Warders actually really sucks. If you decide to do it, like we did in Rampage, it is pretty much all you do. Klandicar, Zlandicar, Sontalak, Lendiniara, Yelinak, Golems, Warders. Over and over. This includes leaving Vulak alive.

2) If you believe it's even realistic to keep Warders alive forever, I suspect you have not raided much in this game. Even if every guild leader was staunchly supportive, eventually a splinter group would form and wake it. In fact, this almost happened on Blue AND Green.

3) Waking the Sleeper was the greatest relief I felt in Velious. Now I could finally play Velious. I gave zero shits about ST loot and was so tired of hearing people cry about it that I was close to quitting until it was woken.

4) The Sleeper wakening event is very underwhelming. Bind at Yelinak kand expect to see the epic faceoff? Yeah, prepare to be disappointed.

5) Remember, we still have non-Classic Warder loot. SoD should be 10/18. Monk Robe should be 6hp/tick. Who knows when theyll be nerfed/fixed.

6) ST is literally the least fun part of Velious. What a surprise it was when almost every person who got ST loot in Rampage quit the game right after. I actually remember thinking we were LUCKY that Meefus let us use his account. Every single other Warrior we geared quit raiding and didn't share accounts. It was a waste of time.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't read 16 pages, but I'll offer my limited insight.

1) Farming Warders actually really sucks. If you decide to do it, like we did in Rampage, it is pretty much all you do. Klandicar, Zlandicar, Sontalak, Lendiniara, Yelinak, Golems, Warders. Over and over. This includes leaving Vulak alive.

2) If you believe it's even realistic to keep Warders alive forever, I suspect you have not raided much in this game. Even if every guild leader was staunchly supportive, eventually a splinter group would form and wake it. In fact, this almost happened on Blue AND Green.

3) Waking the Sleeper was the greatest relief I felt in Velious. Now I could finally play Velious. I gave zero shits about ST loot and was so tired of hearing people cry about it that I was close to quitting until it was woken.

4) The Sleeper wakening event is very underwhelming. Bind at Yelinak kand expect to see the epic faceoff? Yeah, prepare to be disappointed.

5) Remember, we still have non-Classic Warder loot. SoD should be 10/18. Monk Robe should be 6hp/tick. Who knows when theyll be nerfed/fixed.

6) ST is literally the least fun part of Velious. What a surprise it was when almost every person who got ST loot in Rampage quit the game right after. I actually remember thinking we were LUCKY that Meefus let us use his account. Every single other Warrior we geared quit raiding and didn't share accounts. It was a waste of time.
I can relate to all of your points, thank you for sharing. Indeed as I suspected Rampage's experiences mimic Seal Team's.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Orc

If farming warders sucks, not saying it doesnt, can’t a guild just stop doing it? Farming a fishbone earring sucks but somebody is usually there signing up for it. Thats the game, camps that suck for stuff you probably dont need.

Is warder loot so good that you have to farm it 24/7 and the only relief is waking sleeper? Honest question.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If farming warders sucks, not saying it doesnt, can’t a guild just stop doing it? Farming a fishbone earring sucks but somebody is usually there signing up for it. Thats the game, camps that suck for stuff you probably dont need.

Is warder loot so good that you have to farm it 24/7 and the only relief is waking sleeper? Honest question.
if you worked on getting keys, prioritizing them for 9 months. Forgoing everything else, socking relentlessly. Would you just stop??
Old 04-16-2022, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:

The demand for Warder loot is endless, and so too is the effort to acquire it. It's an unsustainable situation.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you worked on getting keys, prioritizing them for 9 months. Forgoing everything else, socking relentlessly. Would you just stop??
Not likely. Taking a month off from the zone to do other encounters maybe. Im guessing the guild would be dragging a chunk of members to one side of the decision against their will either way.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Raiding ST is horrible and boring guyz

We did you a favor by waking the Sleeper we swear
Old 04-16-2022, 01:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Not likely. Taking a month off from the zone to do other encounters maybe. Im guessing the guild would be dragging a chunk of members to one side of the decision against their will either way.
now imagine for 9 months you played by the rules and the other entity for the last 2 months, have done everything in their power to play in the grey area of rules. For example, Telling you to drop an encounter because you didnt reach 97% in 60 seconds, then a week later go 65 seconds and say "GMs dont count seconds." or countless LTK exit room trains, or stalling a yeli and ignoring video evidence just to continue to kill it or better yet raid interfering a FTE and then their response is "control your FTE".

How many of the 100+ members who just spent 9 months working their butts off, just to see another raid force Kill 1 concede 2 to get a key, how many of them would just stop and essentially be ok with the other raid force getting whatever they want.

so many sides to the story of the sleeper that you just can't control it, but when you do control it, which Seal Team did, there still going to be that side that disagrees.