Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-16-2022, 01:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re actually doubling down on the Lens argument? That’s hilarious. Noone expects the sleeper to be around forever and the Lens quest will be available for as long as p99 exists after that. It’s one item which you wouldn’t even know if you had equipped vs fungal regen robe and gnome illusion masks on top of resistance stones and whatnot. Nobody was being denied the Lens quest and the people who already had obtained the warder loot they wanted were the only ones who’d really have to unwillingly WAIT for the lens quest. Don’t compare the two, it’s NOT the same thing.

And I wouldn’t argue EQ is a selfish game in its nature, people are selfish in their nature, or rather, enough people are.

I’m only sad at ST for picking a poor time, weak. I don’t need any warder loot.
curious why the time was poor? can you elaborate for us.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re actually doubling down on the Lens argument? That’s hilarious. Noone expects the sleeper to be around forever and the Lens quest will be available for as long as p99 exists after that. It’s one item which you wouldn’t even know if you had equipped vs fungal regen robe and gnome illusion masks on top of resistance stones and whatnot. Nobody was being denied the Lens quest and the people who already had obtained the warder loot they wanted were the only ones who’d really have to unwillingly WAIT for the lens quest. Don’t compare the two, it’s NOT the same thing.

And I wouldn’t argue EQ is a selfish game in its nature, people are selfish in their nature, or rather, enough people are.

I’m only sad at ST for picking a poor time, weak. I don’t need any warder loot.
They are both loot denial. You can't loot deny one without loot denying the other. It's fact, and you can't change it. You can claim the sun doesn't exist, but it will keep on shining.

Essence Lens is better than all Warder Loot, with the exception of SoD, Shroud, and maybe Mask of Tinkering. All other Warder loot is pretty sub par, even the resistance stones. So you could easily argue Essence Lens is the better option anyway, as more classes can use it.

Everquest was made by humans. Not really sure how you can say a game made by selfish humans is not infused with that same selfishness[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It isn't like Everquest was produced by nature and we discovered it.

And while you may be right that Seal Team didn't pick the optimal time, I don't think people will ever agree as to which time will be optimal. Since we don't have EU servers, there will be hundreds of players missing out in all cases just due to the time zone.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:22 PM
Banned

watch two people who never seen warders or got warder loot argue about warder loot

lol
Old 04-16-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watch two people who never seen warders or got warder loot argue about warder loot

lol
Yup, you can debate without getting warder loot. That is not a requirement.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Essence Lens is better than all Warder Loot, with the exception of SoD, Shroud, and maybe Mask of Tinkering. All other Warder loot is pretty sub par, even the resistance stones. So you could easily argue Essence Lens is the better option anyway, as more classes can use it.
So besides the actual legacy warder loot that anyone really cares about (save easier access to primal weapons), Lense is better? Great argument.

And no, delaying the quest is not the same as flat out removing the reward for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol
Wasn’t on blue p99 when sleeper was awoken. On Green most of us were denied the experience, which is why there is an argument in the first place. Not gonna no-life and wake up at 4am just for pixels that’s of no use to my class anyway. Given 6-12 months the rest of the raiding guilds would have gotten there.

But yeah great point, I’m sure if only ST could argue the matter here there’s be more or a consensus.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So besides the actual legacy warder loot that anyone really cares about (save easier access to primal weapons), Lense is better? Great argument.

And no, delaying the quest is not the same as flat out removing the reward for others.

Wasn’t on blue p99 when sleeper was awoken. On Green most of us were denied the experience, which is why there is an argument in the first place. Not gonna no-life and wake up at 4am just for pixels that’s of no use to my class anyway. Given 6-12 months the rest of the raiding guilds would have gotten there.

But yeah great point, I’m sure if only ST could argue the matter here there’s be more or a consensus.
I would just ignore death silky he is one of those people who can never admit he’s wrong and will just keep making up different arguments and moving goalposts every time
Old 04-16-2022, 03:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
so you did nothing to get warder/primals or experience ST but you think you deserve the right to the warder/primals or experience of ST.

Remind you of something in the society we look down upon??
Old 04-16-2022, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Shroud and SoD are only used on 2 classes. Essence Lens can easily argued to be better, since it is generally second or third BiS for all classes. Good luck getting BiS Earring/Ring slot, which is Vulak/AoW loot. 14 classes can benefit from Essence Lens instead of two. Also, you do not need SoD, Shroud, or Essence Lens to do any content in the game. It isn't like they are game changing. People just like them because they are legacy.

Delaying waking Sleeper is denying the Essence Lens rewards lol. It's factually true. Every day Sleeper is sleeping, you can't get Essence Lens. That is denying loot. If you never wake the sleeper (which a lot of people are suggesting), that is the equivalent of removing Essence Lens entirely. Arguing for keeping the Sleeper sleeping forever is arguing to permanently remove Essence Lens from the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would just ignore death silky he is one of those people who can never admit he’s wrong and will just keep making up different arguments and moving goalposts every time
You have yet to provide any evidence for these baseless claims[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have admitted to being wrong plenty of times. But I don't have to do it when I am right and you are wrong lol. Just because you disagree with me doesn't make me wrong and you right.

Most of the time when people claim I am "moving goalposts", it is because they are simply too lazy to read my previous comments, so they don't know what I have and haven't said.

Also, I don't tell people to ignore you when I disagree with you. Shame. You're simply angry I don't agree with you, and are trying to discredit me any way you can with silly comments like this.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-16-2022 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you did nothing to get warder/primals or experience ST but you think you deserve the right to the warder/primals or experience of ST.

Remind you of something in the society we look down upon??
I unlike ST don’t believe I am entitled to anything, I enjoy P99 at a more reasonable pace instead of monopolizing content by blazing through it at expense of real life function and obligations. I don’t believe that going to the dumbest lengths is a good metric for who should get to experienxe what on P99 but that’s exactly what the devs wanted for Green p99.

I’ve also been a member of ST, I know of the ”welfare pixel”-jargon. Oh and I don’t look down on people on welfare, but you do you man. You sound like a real success.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I unlike ST don’t believe I am entitled to anything, I enjoy P99 at a more reasonable pace instead of monopolizing content by blazing through it at expense of real life function and obligations. I don’t believe that going to the dumbest lengths is a good metric for who should get to experienxe what on P99 but that’s exactly what the devs wanted for Green p99.

I’ve also been a member of ST, I know of the ”welfare pixel”-jargon. Oh and I don’t look down on people on welfare, but you do you man. You sound like a real success.
Why is playing a game mechanic as intended entitled? And why is forcing everybody to play the game your way (keeping Sleeper sleeping) not entitled?