Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-16-2022, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is playing a game mechanic as intended entitled? And why is forcing everybody to play the game your way (keeping Sleeper sleeping) not entitled?
I haven’t forced ST to do anything, I am stating that they perceive themselves to be entitled to loot and content. I’m stating that they chickened out going for wakening now instead of picking a better date or allow other guilds to partake in warder content. I believe that reflects poorly on the guild. With ST being the top guild on the server I also believe it reflects poorly on the P99 servers and community as a whole.

In my view the P99 devs have an unfortunate stance on the matter and I hope it will change one day for future P99-servers that promote a healthier balance between life and everquesting. That’s why I have posted in this topic. Hopefully it will also discourage future guilds from being as weak as ST. Go out with a bang, not a fart.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

ST made the choice to trigger the event

Want to forum PR Propaganda to try and convince people to not be mad about it

I'd rather they'd just gloat about it. This is embarrassing.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t forced ST to do anything, I am stating that they perceive themselves to be entitled to loot and content. I’m stating that they chickened out going for wakening now instead of picking a better date or allow other guilds to partake in warder content. I believe that reflects poorly on the guild. With ST being the top guild on the server I also believe it reflects poorly on the P99 servers and community as a whole.

In my view the P99 devs have an unfortunate stance on the matter and I hope it will change one day for future P99-servers that promote a healthier balance between life and everquesting. That’s why I have posted in this topic. Hopefully it will also discourage future guilds from being as weak as ST. Go out with a bang, not a fart.
If you aren't suggesting forcing them to keep Sleeper sleeping, then it is perfectly fine to wake the Sleeper. Who cares how they perceive themselves? They are the top guild on the server and have the right to wake Sleeper whenever they want. That isn't entitlement, that is something they have earned by getting more ST keys than any other guild.

Are other guilds entitled to Warder loot content? If so, why is that entitlement good? I am not sure how other guild's feeling entitled to Warder loot is better than Seal Team feeling entitled to kill Sleeper. Not saying any guild feels entitled here, just trying to understand your argument.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I unlike ST don’t believe I am entitled to anything, I enjoy P99 at a more reasonable pace instead of monopolizing content by blazing through it at expense of real life function and obligations. I don’t believe that going to the dumbest lengths is a good metric for who should get to experienxe what on P99 but that’s exactly what the devs wanted for Green p99.

I’ve also been a member of ST, I know of the ”welfare pixel”-jargon. Oh and I don’t look down on people on welfare, but you do you man. You sound like a real success.
who said anything bout looking down at welfare? i dont look down on welfare but i do look down on entitlement and believing you deserve something just because you exist. and thats what all these, ST is toxic for waking the sleeper complaints are.

they go 7 months without competing for a single key, 2 months later complain they didnt get a shot... thats not welfare, thats entitlement friend
Old 04-16-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who said anything bout looking down at welfare? i dont look down on welfare but i do look down on entitlement and believing you deserve something just because you exist. and thats what all these, ST is toxic for waking the sleeper complaints are.

they go 7 months without competing for a single key, 2 months later complain they didnt get a shot... thats not welfare, thats entitlement friend
ST chose to permanently remove content from the server forever

You want people to be happy?
Old 04-16-2022, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*covered in feces*
“Look, nobody want to wrestle me so I deserve this trophy!”

Like I said earler, going to the dumbest lengths possible is a poor metric for who deserves anything. If heaven forbid ST found something more productive to so with their time other guilds would be enjoying Sleeper’s Tomb without going to the same lengths ST did.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Here you can host your own server and wake up the sleeper on your own time

https://docs.eqemu.io/

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 04-16-2022, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here you can host your own server and wake up the sleeper on your own time

https://docs.eqemu.io/
Glad that’s sorted then.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ST chose to permanently remove content from the server forever

You want people to be happy?
i dont expect anyone to be happy but be mad at the lack of effort put in by yourself or guild/leadership. stop blaming ST because everyone had a choice, and choices were made.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i dont expect anyone to be happy but be mad at the lack of effort put in by yourself or guild/leadership. stop blaming ST because everyone had a choice, and choices were made.
Only one guild chose to remove content from the server forever

Why not just gloat about it? Why are you trying to convince people to blame themselves for something you did

Hell, DSM Criteria is trying to convince people to blame staff for what you did. You should give him an audacity medal for effort