Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-16-2022, 07:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only one guild chose to remove content from the server forever

Why not just gloat about it? Why are you trying to convince people to blame themselves for something you did

Hell, DSM Criteria is trying to convince people to blame staff for what you did. You should give him an audacity medal for effort
your right, and the other guilds chose Sleepers wasn't important for more then 7 Months. So in the end we all live with the choices we made.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:18 PM
Orc

Sorry you joined the wrong guild and are mad about it. But I love the idiots in Castle etc who think they'd ever sniff ST loot if it stayed around longer (you wouldn't)
Old 04-16-2022, 07:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you joined the wrong guild and are mad about it. But I love the idiots in Castle etc who think they'd ever sniff ST loot if it stayed around longer (you wouldn't)
i wouldnt even say that, more like im sorry everyone assumed/thought the sleeper would be asleep forever so you decided to do nothing to get yourself/guild into the Tomb.

But I can say for those who did do something, got the keys, they got primals...
Old 04-16-2022, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There we go. Much better.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wouldnt even say that, more like im sorry everyone assumed/thought the sleeper would be asleep forever so you decided to do nothing to get yourself/guild into the Tomb.

Exactly. Everybody knew Sleeper would be awoken by the top guild. That is the normal strategy.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean it, the moral outrage for shit they'd never see has been hilarious. Kingdom could've forced our hand by doing keys when we did but chose the easy route hoping for bag limits/rotations (again). Every member of theirs got fucking played and will soon realize it, got to keep up a united front when it's rotting from within though.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean it, the moral outrage for shit they'd never see has been hilarious. Kingdom could've forced our hand by doing keys when we did but chose the easy route hoping for bag limits/rotations (again). Every member of theirs got fucking played and will soon realize it, got to keep up a united front when it's rotting from within though.
As someone who is not in a raiding guild I just love the Seal Team deflecting when really they were just getting scared that they were starting to get some competition and since they couldn’t handle it they decided to just wake the Sleeper lol
Old 04-16-2022, 08:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who is not in a raiding guild I just love the Seal Team deflecting when really they were just getting scared that they were starting to get some competition and since they couldn’t handle it they decided to just wake the Sleeper lol
Only dipshits say we were scared, 0 competition and then they cheated to get keys at the last leg which made the final push for waking it happen. Sorry you are too dumb
Old 04-16-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Only dipshits say we were scared, 0 competition and then they cheated to get keys at the last leg which made the final push for waking it happen. Sorry you are too dumb
So your reasoning is just because they supposedly cheated? That’s just as spiteful lol. It’s better to just say straight up you guys wanted to wake the sleeper. There’s no shame in that in of itself. Acting like you are is what makes the guild look like a bunch of man babies.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-16-2022, 08:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure Decapolis95, I'll try to sum it all up for you

Sleeper's Tomb is a raid zone in Velious. To enter, you need a key that drops off of raid dragons that take 25-75 people to kill. They drop a maximum of one key at a time, so it takes months to key a full raid force for the Tomb

The final bosses of the tomb are 4 warders. They drop legacy loot (legacy means at some point it won't drop anymore), as well as primal weapons which are a huge boost to raid DPS.

Lorewise, the warders have been tasked with keeping The Sleeper (aka Kerafyrm) asleep. As long as any warder is alive, Kerafyrm will stay asleep. Once you kill the 4th warder, without waiting first for the others to respawn, Kerafyrm will awaken. This only happens once per server. After this point, the warders will never respawn again.

There's a really cool script that then happens where Kerayrm then goes from zone to zone, killing everything in it's path - players and NPCs alike. Lots of cool plotline / lore stuff as well

Kerafyrm was meant to be unkillable. Level 99 and kills everyone in one round

There were just a couple servers back on live that waited to awaken the sleeper. 2 expansions later, in PoP era, at level 65, a guild was finally able to kill it. It took hundreds of people hours to do it. The strategy involved was corpse cannoning - dying, resurrecting, and getting back in there, over, and over, and over. There was actually a lot of interesting drama over this stuff back in the day. For example the first guild that had a shot to kill the sleeper, got it to ~15% HP, and then the GMs manually despawned it, assuming they were using cheats/exploits (they were not).

As for P99 politics, many want the sleeper to stay asleep for ever so that people can keep farming the Warders for loot. There are many different reasons why players in Seal Team want to awaken it (as well as many reasons why some want to keep it asleep)
1) Yes, there are some players, who view p99 green as a competitive server, and want to prevent other guild forces from getting that loot, so they can continue to compete with an advantage
2) There are many like myself who have dreamed of watching this event. I missed it 20 years ago when I played EQ on live, and I've always wanted to see it. I played on a TLP server trying to witness it, but I was on a plane the day they woke it =/
3) Many are afraid that a rogue force will wake it in the middle of the night, and they don't want to miss the once in a server event. Yes, there is definitely a rogue force that does want the sleeper to awaken at any cost
4) Many ST members want it to waken so as a guild they can focus on other targets instead of always prioritizing tomb targets first
5) There has been a ton of drama in the guild, and many want to awaken it so the drama and the bickering ends
6) Some players see the event as the culmination of the purpose of p99 - to relive the progression of classic -> velious
7) Once the sleeper awakes, new content is added. Namely Essence Lens quest items. Some players want the sleeper to awaken so they can work on these quests
8) Many ST members want to keep it asleep to farm loot for themselves and their friends
9) Many ST members want to keep it asleep so that other guilds will have a chance to kill warders and get legacy items before they go away for ever
10) Some ST players are just team players and are happy to do whatever leadership wants, supporting them and their teammates
11) Some ST members believe that Kingdom has been cheating by breaking the engagement rules on Sleeper's Tomb key mobs (namely the 1 minute 97% rule). They see his as an FU to Kingdom (and in the case of some members, an FU to the GMs), for ignoring these rules and others

In reality, Seal Team is a guild of over 100 active members, and we have varying different opinions and goals. I can tell you that even those leading the guild have been incredibly split on the issue. However, the rogue kill force has put it somewhat out of our control, and most of us agree that we would rather do it on our own terms, than to randomly wake up one day and discovering someone woke it overnight

Let me know if you have any questions

It's a really cool event, and I hope you're able to watch it! Either on the stream, or with your own character
Page 1, reading is knowledge.