Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-06-2022, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting kinda swamped on Bumble. And this is just on one app, the one where the gal has to message first. I'll just completely stop swiping for a while and let the 80%+ ghost rate do its work

(black bars to protect identity)
That always feels awesome. I had a similar experience when I messed around on Tinder for a bit shortly after moving to Japan. The girls here seem to be into white guys. The only time in my life I didn't have to work for it. Found me a keeper though (not on tinder) and been married a few years so I don't mess around anymore.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Made it through a 60 hour fast. First time i've ever done it outside of just daily intermittent fasting. Was interesting to feel the hunger come and go, but I barely felt it by the third day. Though I went for a run this morning after about 53 hours and it was terrible lol.

When I finally broke it I became ravenously hungry. They say you're not supposed to break a fast with red meat, but I just ate two big steaks and all the veggies in my fridge.

I might try to go 5 days next time.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made it through a 60 hour fast. First time i've ever done it outside of just daily intermittent fasting. Was interesting to feel the hunger come and go, but I barely felt it by the third day. Though I went for a run this morning after about 53 hours and it was terrible lol.

When I finally broke it I became ravenously hungry. They say you're not supposed to break a fast with red meat, but I just ate two big steaks and all the veggies in my fridge.

I might try to go 5 days next time.
Omg. Keep 911 on speed dial.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

Big problem with breaking a fast like That is electrolyte imbalance stopping ur heart or constipation and impaction causing gut damage.

You'll probably survive.

Be le careful tho.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:45 PM
Banned

I mean it wasn't a full 72 hrs even so you're probably going to be totally fine. Day 4/5 your guts shut down and your body starts doing weird shit with its electrolytes.

Definitely 6 or 7 days in that is bad juju if you aren't careful.

You're probably going to be fine.

You're in good shape anyway.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

yeah if i go for a longer one i'll do more prep work, and post work planning. I only started this one thinking I was going to go 24 hours. But the girlfriend is out of town for a few days so i saw the opportunity to keep it going while she was away so she wouldn't tempt me by cooking and eating, or in case I became an asshole while hungry lol.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:03 PM
Banned

Got to water the Chuckwallas on the mountain again. Crowd gathered and took some pics. This was post-watering. He’s a little too shy to come out, all he would do is drink the water running down the rock as I poured it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C95B813A-E4C2-4A86-BC77-C6BD2867A01D.jpg (20.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-06-2022, 04:07 PM
Banned

This LOTR challenge app is 100% completely cheatable. All it does is ask you to plug in your distance that you ran. It has no way to verify it. I could just put in 145 miles right now and get the first Shire medal

With each distance entry you have an optional photo you can add. So I used my Runkeeper app to calculate the exact distance I ran+hiked+ran today (4.6miles) and included the screenshot with my distance entry. I’ll do this legit, even though the app apparently doesn’t care if everyone else cheats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D0EE54CB-9D9B-4361-A043-288319CCD9FF.jpg (19.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-06-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

So I got this amazing plain Greek full fat yogurt. It's absolutely fantastic. I imagine it is really close to Labenah. Goes amazing with olive oil and basil. Tooo die for.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:09 PM
Banned

All day kayakin lake date with the gal I really like (not from app), hope goes well

Had 2 big circumstantial probs right off the bat, gonna be no parking, and gonna have to hail the yaks on a sled for half a damn mile

But we gonna get through it!