Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2022, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my bad man, it went much better than anticipated. I suffered a 15 min lecture from dad beforehand about how poorly I planned it, how there was going to be no parking there on Mother’s Day weekend, how I would have to haul two 50lb kayaks for half a mile, none of that shit actually happened (luckily). Was crowded, but not that bad

This cutie can yak for her first time in a while much better than I anticipated. I’ve never been to this lake and had no idea where the F I was going, we ended up going miles and miles down the salt river before she started to get worried that she was getting tired and we still had to go all the way back. But had thought of that, had packed a tow rope. All I needed was the delicious picnic she packed and a half can of BANG energy crack, and I towed her back without stopping against some hella-wind, while she sat in her yak and drank wine like a riverboat tourist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Then it turns out if you put the two kayaks parallel your arm around her, her arm on your leg, you can float like that, so that’s how it wrapped up. Buuut without anchors you will float way the hell down the lake due to currents. Oh and she burned the shit out of her legs, shoulda put a second coat on sunscreen on

Ty for askin tho. Some pics, which don’t do the cliffs justice, they were big
Hell yeah man, that sounds like an awesome time! I've never been kayaking, but always wanted to try.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell yeah man, that sounds like an awesome time! I've never been kayaking, but always wanted to try.
I think, due to the cost of gas and engines, jet skiing seems to be somewhat dying and kayaking is making a rise in popularity. Paddleboarding is popular too, but paddleboarding is just a more awkward version of kayaking while standing up, for the half hour it takes the person to get tired and need to kneel or sit anyway, which makes it even more awkward

One thing that looks really fun for rich people is some sort of motorized craft you stand on and control with a remote. It zips around fast. We saw someone on one at the lake and the girl I was with asked “is that guy on a hover board from back to the future?”

Here’s a pic of Mark Zuckerberg on one, good thing he didn’t fall or he’d short out his robot simulacrum body
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36F38EF9-A7ED-4209-A0BF-CF83C2BCC65E.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

lol that zucker pic

yea nice date with your wife unsung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2022, 11:29 AM
Banned

Zuckerbutt
Old 05-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

I litrally thought man unsung really looks like zuk for a second.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:17 PM
Banned

Metabooty

Going to be a Metatwerking shard for sure
Old 05-10-2022, 06:59 PM
Banned

Followed the ten commandments and did not murder in a blind rage.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my bad man, it went much better than anticipated. I suffered a 15 min lecture from dad beforehand about how poorly I planned it, how there was going to be no parking there on Mother’s Day weekend, how I would have to haul two 50lb kayaks for half a mile, none of that shit actually happened (luckily). Was crowded, but not that bad

This cutie can yak for her first time in a while much better than I anticipated. I’ve never been to this lake and had no idea where the F I was going, we ended up going miles and miles down the salt river before she started to get worried that she was getting tired and we still had to go all the way back. But had thought of that, had packed a tow rope. All I needed was the delicious picnic she packed and a half can of BANG energy crack, and I towed her back without stopping against some hella-wind, while she sat in her yak and drank wine like a riverboat tourist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Then it turns out if you put the two kayaks parallel your arm around her, her arm on your leg, you can float like that, so that’s how it wrapped up. Buuut without anchors you will float way the hell down the lake due to currents. Oh and she burned the shit out of her legs, shoulda put a second coat on sunscreen on

Ty for askin tho. Some pics, which don’t do the cliffs justice, they were big
You’re in AZ, rigjt? I need to go check that place out. Only ever been to the Grand Canyon but that’s it
Old 05-10-2022, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re in AZ, rigjt? I need to go check that place out. Only ever been to the Grand Canyon but that’s it
Yea, not a great time to be here coming up, already 90ish out and only going to get worse. Most people huddle inside in the AC to stay alive for the next few months. I still go run outside tho, shit don’t faze me, although I’ll be out of state for a decent chunk of June and July here coming up

We don’t have a lot to see, Antelope Canyon is probably the most popular scenery besides the Grand Canyon but it requires a permit with a huge wait list I hear. Sedona is nice, lotta pretty hikes out there. My Humphrey in the chillier northern area of flagstaff is our biggest hike, elevation 12,637 feet, all day trek for most people although I bet I can get up to the top in less than 4 hours if I haul. We’ll see when I do it for the 3rd time this summer
Old 05-10-2022, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Saw my mom for the first time in person in probably 8 years or more. One of the hardest parts of being an expat is being worlds away from family, but I got really lucky to get sent back stateside for training to a place near where she lives.

Hilariously enough she took me her local bar where everyone knew her name and all of a sudden I was popular as fuck.

Love your moms yo
Last edited by nostalgiaquest; 05-10-2022 at 10:00 PM..