Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Large Bat

Default I came, I saw, I RMT'd, I got banned, I tried a brief comeback, Had a great time :)

So first off...

Point blank. I RMT'D, got caught, and banned in the last wave.

I honestly didn't understand how serious that rule was, but when I went to do the RMT transaction, it was perfectly clear to me the community considered it a dangerous act.

I went back, read the rules clearly, shrugged it off, and did it anyways...(not that I am a super renegade, lol, I just honestly didn't think it would end up like this). I didn't even try to be creative or hide it. I didn't buy 1 item and just sell it, or pay real $ for a PL (like EVERYONE has switched too now). I just bought plat (and paid for a PL with it).

I am NOT mad at all at the Dev's, they made it clear. I don't even care about the money I lost. The couple weeks I played with some nice gear was worth it. The only real defense I will offer is I am a father of 4, with a full time job. I make an extremely comfortable living... and when it comes to gaming now a days, I have far more money than time. That's it. No Harm, no foul.

For my part, when I read that the real issue was "The server can be shut down" if it makes money... then I realized.. for that reason alone - it's not cool what I did.. and I certainly didn't want to spoil other people's fun. So in that regard, I am thankful I got banned.

Anyways - the community here is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Tons and Tons of nice people here!

If I don't uninstall now I will eventually buy a PL (been fighting that feeling off for a week or so now) and for that reason alone I am censoring myself and moving on.

But I wanted to Thank the Devs / team for doing something like this. For a brief moment I got to relive some part of yesterday...

Blessings to you all.

-Val
Old 03-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Who did you buy the plat from? What site did you use? Are they currently banned as well?

Let us know!

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaldu1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So first off...

Point blank. I RMT'D, got caught, and banned in the last wave.

I honestly didn't understand how serious that rule was, but when I went to do the RMT transaction, it was perfectly clear to me the community considered it a dangerous act.

I went back, read the rules clearly, shrugged it off, and did it anyways...(not that I am a super renegade, lol, I just honestly didn't think it would end up like this). I didn't even try to be creative or hide it. I didn't buy 1 item and just sell it, or pay real $ for a PL (like EVERYONE has switched too now). I just bought plat (and paid for a PL with it).

I am NOT mad at all at the Dev's, they made it clear. I don't even care about the money I lost. The couple weeks I played with some nice gear was worth it. The only real defense I will offer is I am a father of 4, with a full time job. I make an extremely comfortable living... and when it comes to gaming now a days, I have far more money than time. That's it. No Harm, no foul.

For my part, when I read that the real issue was "The server can be shut down" if it makes money... then I realized.. for that reason alone - it's not cool what I did.. and I certainly didn't want to spoil other people's fun. So in that regard, I am thankful I got banned.

Anyways - the community here is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Tons and Tons of nice people here!

If I don't uninstall now I will eventually buy a PL (been fighting that feeling off for a week or so now) and for that reason alone I am censoring myself and moving on.

But I wanted to Thank the Devs / team for doing something like this. For a brief moment I got to relive some part of yesterday...

Blessings to you all.

-Val
Inside the mind of a sick and twisted man. You're lucky emperor rogaine does not wish u to be lashed, because I would lash you so good.

IN THE DUKE WE TRUST
Old 03-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

<<<<<< red rnf is that way dawg.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaldu1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The server can be shut down" if it makes money
This would be an issue if the server were the entity generating the revenue off of Sony's intellectual property. People have and still RMT on Sony servers and Sony is not and has never pursued them.

The only reason RMT is not allowed here is because the people who are in charge are the only ones explicitly excluded from the venture. But someone like platlord making $x/year off plat/item sales does not risk the life of the server. Don't believe that lie. It's more believable that Rogean would just pull the plug on the whole server because he is tired of making platlord rich without being able to partake in the profits than Sony seeking retribution and forcing that same outcome. Now, there is some merit in the argument that RMT hurts the plat economy on the server, but that is another RnF thread.

At the end of the day, you are banned because you broke rules that are tantamount to "If I cant play with this toy, than no one else should be able to either." Rules that have been around since the servers conception but shockingly do nothing to stop RMT, and instead just hurt the low level and new players. It's the war on drugs for p99: ineffectual laws, extensive man power invested in enforcing the laws, little to no results, and in some cases counter-intuitive outcomes, such as this specific case. Sorry.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Personally, I respect that you're taking it like a man and not trying to lie and weasel your way out of the ban like so many other past offenders tend to do here with pathetically transparent wide-eyed fake innocence or hilarious self-indulgent angry tantrums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So in that regard, I am thankful I got banned.
I can respect that. I like that your post has minimal equivocating and rationalizing, much less than some other banned RMTer swan song posts. Nordenwatch

Glad to see ya go bro!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be an issue if the server were the entity generating the revenue off of Sony's intellectual property. People have and still RMT on Sony servers and Sony is not and has never pursued them.

The only reason RMT is not allowed here is because the people who are in charge are the only ones explicitly excluded from the venture. But someone like platlord making $x/year off plat/item sales does not risk the life of the server. Don't believe that lie. It's more believable that Rogean would just pull the plug on the whole server because he is tired of making platlord rich without being able to partake in the profits than Sony seeking retribution and forcing that same outcome. Now, there is some merit in the argument that RMT hurts the plat economy on the server, but that is another RnF thread.

At the end of the day, you are banned because you broke rules that are tantamount to "If I cant play with this toy, than no one else should be able to either." Rules that have been around since the servers conception but shockingly do nothing to stop RMT, and instead just hurt the low level and new players. It's the war on drugs for p99: ineffectual laws, extensive man power invested in enforcing the laws, little to no results, and in some cases counter-intuitive outcomes, such as this specific case. Sorry.
Yea, it's not because RMT is harmful to the server at all. If scrubs with kids and lives are able to fork over $$ for a fungi tunic, how am I supposed to sit in my basement and feel a sense of pride and achievement over my pixels? How is Johnny Noob supposed to buy his first uber item legitimately when the price has been driven up by nincompoops with no self-control, discipline, or ability to delay gratification?

I think you should go farm some more jboots, rent is coming up
Old 03-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, it's not because RMT is harmful to the server at all. If scrubs with kids and lives are able to fork over $$ for a fungi tunic, how am I supposed to sit in my basement and feel a sense of pride and achievement over my pixels? How is Johnny Noob supposed to buy his first uber item legitimately when the price has been driven up by nincompoops with no self-control, discipline, or ability to delay gratification?

I think you should go farm some more jboots, rent is coming up
This is a great point and great satire. The arguments made against RMT are laughable. It's against the rules, because it's against the rules. There aren't good reasons for it, it just is what it is.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Banned

minyin still a faggot i see
Closed Thread