Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Large Bat

Arrow Need More Nerf to Soulfire

@Rogean

Love the nerf to it but it needs to be nerfed more.

Replace Complete Heal (Way to OP - Paladins don't even get that spell) to Force (lvl 34 Cleric spell, 52 paladin spell)

1.) Paladins aren't Clerics, a Complete Heal clicky makes them incredibly strong pocket healers. Force will bring the weapon into line with other Paladin only weapons as an aggro generator (Sword of the Morning, Fiery Avenger)

2.) Not sure if it's been changed to have a caste time but if it doesn't Raider guilds will just require members to have secondary accounts with a Paladin they box, bring them along on raids and /follow a driver to heal radius of targets. Instant Complete Heal is OP, Guilds will still farm the sword for their boxing accounts.

3.) Reaper of the Dead - Cheat mechanic - no SK actually swings that around, plz remove CH from it entirely.

If I think of any more reasons why the sword should be changed I'll lay them out.
Let the salt flowing commence.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Large Bat

I know this won't happen but here it is.

Lay Hands - instead of every a 72 minute timer make it cost 100% of the Paladins mana pool. As in 99.9% and under won't bring the button up, has to be 100%. Would make the class farm more interesting to play and much more versatile.

As a Paladin in a group, do they want to self buff/generate aggro with flash/ getto CC with root? Or do they know they'll need to use a LoH in that fight so they save their mana and dump the heal. Maybe even make the LoH as strong as a Complete Heal, as long as it completely drains the mana bar from 100%.

I hope I wrote that out well to be understood....

Might as well do the concept for Shadow Knight Harm Touch as well.

It would be far more interesting to play as knight classes.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:58 AM
Large Bat

[QUOTE=
Lay Hands - instead of every a 72 minute timer make it cost 100% of the Paladins mana pool. As in 99.9% and under won't bring the button up, has to be 100%. Would make the class far more interesting to play and much more versatile.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, fixed this part. Darn edit.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Ah yes, 40 year olds making demands in a 50 year old free game
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
2.) Not sure if it's been changed to have a caste time but if it doesn't Raider guilds will just require members to have secondary accounts with a Paladin they box, bring them along on raids and /follow a driver to heal radius of targets. Instant Complete Heal is OP, Guilds will still farm the sword for their boxing accounts.
The level of stupid here is astounding. I'm sure nobody would notice the army of 200 autofollowing dual-boxed paladins running around raid zones.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The level of stupid here is astounding. I'm sure nobody would notice the army of 200 autofollowing dual-boxed paladins running around raid zones.
You say that only because you know that's exactly what's going to happen.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say that only because you know that's exactly what's going to happen.
Dumbest prediction I’ve heard on P99 in quite awhile
Old 04-20-2020, 10:32 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumbest prediction I’ve heard on P99 in quite awhile
Ah it's my son's account he just went afk for a minute I'll go get him (screenshare on another computer)

VPN even... You know how they do it.

Keep the Raid numbers as low as possible so you guys don't have to split pixels with 200+ peasants. Run the Paladin bot accounts, make excuses. Discredit someone for pointing out the next way you'll be running raid cheat mechanics.

And then?
Old 04-20-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

If this results in every guild leveling several Soulfire-bot-paladins, this will have been the single best patch note ever in gaming history.

Imagine those guys, leveling those paladins because they were told to by Cheif Poopsok and hating every single second of it. Muahahahaha.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Large Bat

I don't even know why you mad bra

Every Paladin only weapon is an aggro generator (Ghoulbane, Man-o-War, Sword of the Morning, Fiery Avenger) switching out an overpowered instant Complete Heal with Force (6 second stun 90ish damage aggro generator/spell interrupt) is completely in line with what a Paladin is and does. Hold aggro, tank damage, interrupt spells.

Why not change it? It will just be abused with the work around I laid out.

It's still going to get farmed over and over /locked down by raid guilds, you just wait and see.
Closed Thread