Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default New Thread

it's been really dead guys,

Can someone make a new persona so we have something to fight about?

Plz don't reveal your true identity.

Probably roleplay a halfling would be a good idea but your call whoever you are.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Storytime- I was playing on red this weekend.. I made a character on red a while back when blues servers went down.. Anyways, logged in, and I was previously charming gators in oasis.. I know NOTHING about pvp really.. But there was some dwarf on the docks being attacked by a mummy.. I rooted, snared, and dotted the dwarf who conned the same level... Then I realized I was in full gnome skin, and he had shinies, and his HP wasn't moving, and I began an attack at about 30m..

He responded "Seriously"? I lost.. With just that word, I lost... The man defeated me without ever swinging or casting a spell.. I have much to learn, and I wont lie- Heart rate increased, and excitement followed during this. I will return!!

Sidenote? It really does suck a lot of beans being new on a pvp server and everybody is running around in full gear.. Even if I did know how to pvp, how could I ever contend? Anyways, if anybody else just dicks around over there, let me know! Let us train in the pvp together!
Old 04-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

You don't have to contend. You have to socialize and make friends just like any other server. When you come across a chode, you and your friends take him out.

The heart beats is what it is all about. You don't show up only to win (unless you have some serious real life issues)

Fuck I mean just play a class like a cleric. You can barely kill anyone even with maximum full mana. Many classes are support classes and not good at KILLING but pvp isn't abut just being able to kill someone.

Your experience is a classic perfect legit OG pvp experience. Realizing that this dude is going to totally fuck you up is just pure gold.

I remember as a wizard using my best nuke, takes like 35% of mana, does 5% of this dudes life, and you just know that the battle isn't going to play out the way you want it to.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

lol

I want to play a cleric static group with someone but i dont have the brain space for more passwords and accounts and forumsonas. I think I hit a brick wall Gustoo. Just glad I can still continue randomly typing and pressing submit while the static of Firiona's shore washes over me in stereo.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Storytime- I was playing on red this weekend.. I made a character on red a while back when blues servers went down.. Anyways, logged in, and I was previously charming gators in oasis.. I know NOTHING about pvp really.. But there was some dwarf on the docks being attacked by a mummy.. I rooted, snared, and dotted the dwarf who conned the same level... Then I realized I was in full gnome skin, and he had shinies, and his HP wasn't moving, and I began an attack at about 30m..

He responded "Seriously"? I lost.. With just that word, I lost... The man defeated me without ever swinging or casting a spell.. I have much to learn, and I wont lie- Heart rate increased, and excitement followed during this. I will return!!

Sidenote? It really does suck a lot of beans being new on a pvp server and everybody is running around in full gear.. Even if I did know how to pvp, how could I ever contend? Anyways, if anybody else just dicks around over there, let me know! Let us train in the pvp together!
LOL.. great story. Tbh, most PvP doesn't happen until 50+. Until then, most people are more concerned with leveling. Try not attacking first next time, send a tell, and ask if they want to group.

Also, you'd be surprised by the number of people running around with absolute crap gear on the server.
Last edited by circlerogue; 04-28-2020 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-28-2020, 07:28 PM
Banned

open with dispells, especially if he looks afk you can probably get several off np
Old 04-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LMAO! That was me. I would have grouped with you had you asked. I was wearing a fungi, exp would have been sweet. Looked for you after I was done with the mummy but figured you were invis.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 04-28-2020, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO! That was me. I would have grouped with you had you asked. I was wearing a fungi, exp would have been sweet. Looked for you after I was done with the mummy but figured you were invis.
Hahaha whatup dude!!! Yeah that's my bad.. That was very not polite of me haha, but I hadn't seen anybody for a while, and i'm not quite sure of the etiquette on the server, i just kinda had to dip my toes in the water there... And when i see my dot land, and you being hit by a mummy, and your health is still ticking up, i was out!!

You ran past me while i was invis at some point haha! I just logged off for the night at that point.. i'll be on later tho, and thanks for some tips yall!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

The rush of that first kill... is gud <3
Old 04-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Someone deliberately exp killed me in OT yesterday and I didn't even care tbh... I felt nothing.

not trying to be a badass, i probably wouldn't have died if i had actuallhy cared, there was some deliberate negligence on my part
Closed Thread