Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-19-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin
Old 04-19-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2022, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

Magical fire beetle eyes that have 1 charge of Burst of Fire. All/all. Rare drop that can help lowbies get an edge.
Old 04-21-2022, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Making vendor bought potions stackable or able to be combined into 5/10 dose potions (just like the player made ones).

A decent haste potion. Perhaps one from vendor for the standard 10pp price but with some kind of draw back (like how other potions blind, stun, dot, etc). A better version should be craftable too, perhaps roughly based around augmentation in terms of duration and %.

More consumable orb type clickies from vendor, similar to the Crystallized Pumice. Perhaps 5 doses of drowsy for 15pp.

I also think vendor bought weapons from Kunark and Velious should have scaled better with the weapons dropped/quested in those expansions - combine and well-balanced were pretty decent for their time, but the options added with Kunark and Velious were similar to those and not really the same % better as the rest of those expacs gear were.

Player made weapons ought to be closer in quality to player made armour. They're basically useless, which is a shame since many of the armour suits are serviceable to 50 or even 60.

Lastly - jewellery: it should be possible to break looted cash jewellery into its constituent parts. Like wise, it should be possible to set a gem of your choice on to any silver/gold/etc rings you find. There should also be a vendor purchased stat ring, not dissimilar to the fire resist earrings available in Lavastorm. I suggest some cold resist earrings available for purchase from the adventure camp / gypsies in Everfrost.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 04-21-2022 at 08:44 AM..
Old 04-21-2022, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like some merchants that I could bring item drops to, to give me meals that provide stat increases!

Hmm I'd like more merchants, I'd like mechants to sell fine plate at a lower price, so it's actually an upgrade to bronze but not dropped armor, and I'd like some black smiths that could convert items into new items and I'd have to do quests.
The vendor bought plate/chain armours actually have pretty reasonable resell values. They are a pretty decent way of wearing some liquefiable wealth at lower level.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Also all melee classes should have access to their own class specific haste clicky roughly equivalent to the Cloak of Dark Skies / Robe of the Whistling Fist. Nalot's Eyepatch is cool but lacklustre.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Deity based familiars that you can rent in exchange for 1) tribute to that god's church or 2) performing actions that please the deity.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:58 AM
Orc

Raider's Retina Saver
Slot: Ammo
A light source with higher priority than any other but emits no light. Works when equipped or from inventory. Either tinkered or bought from some gnome vendor.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivouac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raider's Retina Saver
Slot: Ammo
A light source with higher priority than any other but emits no light. Works when equipped or from inventory. Either tinkered or bought from some gnome vendor.
Darksource is a great idea! Should also be worn ultravision.

Old 04-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

How about Veksar getting added?

Tweak some items like removing focus effects and/or make them no-drop. Maybe nerf some items entirely if they are too strong.

But overall its a great zone and so much closer to classic than most other later additions.