Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Banned

P99 only feels like it's on the decline because we're in this weird place where there's 2 nearly identical servers stuck at the same spot in the timeline effectively splitting the community in half for no good reason. Half the world feels empty on both servers instead of having 1 server that feels alive and thriving. It made sense when Green wasn't at the same place as Blue but now it just feels weird and pointless.

The worst part of all though is that there's absolutely zero communication from staff about plans for the future. As far as I've seen/heard there hasn't been any official word on the plan for blue/green/merges/wipes.etc since before (or just after) Green launched. We're going on 3 years of radio silence and the silence is a bit deafening at this point.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2022, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 only feels like it's on the decline because we're in this weird place where there's 2 nearly identical servers stuck at the same spot in the timeline effectively splitting the community in half for no good reason. Half the world feels empty on both servers instead of having 1 server that feels alive and thriving. It made sense when Green wasn't at the same place as Blue but now it just feels weird and pointless.
does it really feel dead? A day or two ago i logged on and there was near 1100 on green, 700+ on blue. have you considered you are simply just bored with EQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worst part of all though is that there's absolutely zero communication from staff about plans for the future. As far as I've seen/heard there hasn't been any official word on the plan for blue/green/merges/wipes.etc since before (or just after) Green launched. We're going on 3 years of radio silence and the silence is a bit deafening at this point.
i think it's a smart choice, actually. Consider, for instance, these red lunatics running around expecting a new server apparently because rogean said something vague about having plans for red.
Old 05-15-2022, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Staff was raptured.
Old 05-15-2022, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Absolutely.

I don't raid and therefore I couldn't give two shits about Twitch streams of them digging through LawyerQuest petitions and all the other inane hand-holding that scene tends to require. Or posts about whatever Guild has been smacked on the wrist and is required to sit out certain "targets."

But I do care about the future of emulated EverQuest and the technical challenges remaining. Sadly, despite P99 being the most popular and most visible emu server right now, as stated - the silence has become deafening.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does it really feel dead? A day or two ago i logged on and there was near 1100 on green, 700+ on blue. have you considered you are simply just bored with EQ?
Green sitting at ~950 and Blue sitting at ~650 on a Sunday evening. Is it "dead"? No obviously it isn't. However, it's certainly significantly lower (particularly on Blue) than it has been in the past.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:40 PM
Banned

Old 05-15-2022, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Green sitting at ~950 and Blue sitting at ~650 on a Sunday evening. Is it "dead"? No obviously it isn't. However, it's certainly significantly lower (particularly on Blue) than it has been in the past.
It's also significantly higher than it has been in the past. There was a stretch of 300 pop primetime Friday nights at one time.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:11 PM
Banned

Staff of P99 hard at work on the next update after a brief bout with covid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 183372E4-E72B-4E0D-80D5-4D3A67EFB17A.jpg (22.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

No it can't die, my dkp stash!