Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Orc

I knew I was addicted when that day came that I had played for such an extended period that when I wanted to tell my brother something (who was in another room of the house at the time) my first thought was

/tell Nick

Yea... Forced myself to step away from EQ for a bit after that moment.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

I'd have to say I have alot of those similar kid stories considering I was 8 when EQ came out, but I think I really knew, and my dad knew what he had done, when we camped Najena for close to 48 hours for jboots. :O
Old 11-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Aviak

For me it was the moment that I shouted in zone " I am going to Disney Land " and left for California 2 days later. All of this after finally killing Ragefire, obtaining my epic and camping him for 3 days. The best part was that an FOH cleric tried to claim it and they failed! We had the guild exping in the zone 24/7 for 3 days and my little blue book on hand with phone numbers. ( No texting back then ) =)
Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/played
This is almost embarrassing to look at now and realize whole years of my life were spent playing, when added up. But it was fun. And I'm here now.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I said "lol, INC" at a business meeting.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

I remember saying "lol" out loud when I meant to laugh. I knew then I had a problem
Old 11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I skipped a day of school because Faydedar spawned and it was my last fight to complete my druid epic.

But I mean seriously who wouldn't skip school for that?
haha nice!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Day 1 of logging into EQ I left the good old counter strike and tribes 1 behind. Anyone remember those games? Each one addicting in their own right...

Anyways, I first made a high elf enchanter and after an hour or so of figuring out how to get things going my first target was a real life player, some dwarf. I assumed he was just another NPC I could kill but NOPE. It shocked me how fast I died. He put me in my place pretty quickly. After I got cursed out from him in tells, I made a dark elf and never looked back <evil grin>.
CS!

I was in Cal-M with my friends and played EQ after our matches.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

From the moment I saw my friend playing it.

I grew up playing RPGs both turn based and real time, I spent untold hours in games maximizing my characters and looking for every advancement and best combination possible. I think max stats and credits was all that got me to conclude a game. In addition to a fixation with stats I loved lore. I read my friend's parent's old monster manuals and dungeon master guides and wished that more of our other friends were interested in playing some tabletop games.

I played, I killed a bat, I got xp and something to sell for money, I was hooked. Later on it was drooling about the spells at higher levels, it was crazy pvp fights, raid progression. Pretty much new levels of addiction all the time. I have a lot of tales like everyone else. Playing all night, hiding from parents to play all night (often not even my own).
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Aviak

I would occasionally catch myself trying to remember where I last bound to see if I could avoid driving there...
Closed Thread