Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Swish banned again? What did he do this time?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

We went from 45 man NTOV raids when Moardots had his hissy fit over a robe that was replaced in a few months to 70 man raids. We're not dying. You can't always get every item first. Our app's are getting as much loot as mains used to get 4 months ago. It is just the way loot is distributed over time.

Same # of items drop each raid, it's instanced bruh. BDA's behind on the curve due to how long they've been on Phinny, but most of SSRA lot and a majority of VT loot will rot by the end of Luclin. Just the way it is.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Well we do get less loot than OGC, simply because we don't triple instance raids. That's just going to make the lower tier loot go on rot status sooner (so Trollolol can clean up on the cheap with dkp low bids) as everyone saves DKP for the limited amount of Aten necks dropping or other BiS. That's one way to do it.

Moardots got more loot than a lot of people, he just didn't get the one item he wanted the first time it dropped, and has now constructed this entire narrative behind it. Necros/Enchs just aren't getting that robe first in a guild trying to maximize the limited FT it was getting at the time - Mag/Wiz/Clr all had way more trouble with mana regen.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well we do get less loot than OGC, simply because we don't triple instance raids. That's just going to make the lower tier loot go on rot status sooner (so Trollolol can clean up on the cheap with dkp low bids) as everyone saves DKP for the limited amount of Aten necks dropping or other BiS. That's one way to do it.

Moardots got more loot than a lot of people, he just didn't get the one item he wanted the first time it dropped, and has now constructed this entire narrative behind it. Necros/Enchs just aren't getting that robe first in a guild trying to maximize the limited FT it was getting at the time - Mag/Wiz/Clr all had way more trouble with mana regen.
This isn't bleeding edge content here, the idea behind "feed our wars and clerics loot" is kinda dumb on a progression server. If BDA is losing high RA members (Chest, Trollolol) over loot council pixel drama then maybe it's time to look into dkp.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Guess this thread is dead since swish is banned again... since (in his words) he was carrying the thread. Guess we should stop posting.

J/K. Cya on page 600.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

You'd be dumb if you didn't use a loot council to gear 2-3 warriors each expansion. Not giving them everything, just giving them clear tank items. AoW/Vulak Rings, AHR Mask, Doze Wrists, PoTime P3 Mask/Shield, Saryrn Ranged, etc. Stuff that doesn't get replaced AC wise for 2-3 expansions. Whereas all casters and melee have better stat/focus options the next expansion easily.

Finally got level 60 2 days back on Phinigel. PoMischief drop rates seem way better over there, though Stomples has yet to drop anything of use for me... Finished up 2 flowers and have a few crowns/thrones left over that I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with.

Luclin makes content much more fun with AAs and balanced spells.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't bleeding edge content here, the idea behind "feed our wars and clerics loot" is kinda dumb on a progression server. If BDA is losing high RA members (Chest, Trollolol) over loot council pixel drama then maybe it's time to look into dkp.
Yea, I don't get it. Instead of not responding to him at all, or anyone, which is what I would do, they keep using this bullshit excuse of gearing out specific classes. It's as if they've convinced themselves they're playing a different game than the rest of us, or justifying a terrible loot system.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were feeding our warriors and clerics when the entire guild was starting with rags. Now that we have a solid base we don't have any class restrictions on items. We just gave that absurd Emp torque to a fucking beaatlord last night.

Also, I didn't leave bda you gullible nerds. We had some aten ha ra loot bug out on us last Thursday so I looted the items and had the GMs move them to the appropriate people. So me and two other people got guild bugged after it was resolved. There were ghost copies of all 3 of us still in the guild, so we kicked the other two ghost people and reinvited those folks, but no one can kick me because I hold the leader tag, so I'm untagged until they fix the glitch.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:

Lol, the subtle troll level of Lotharus is over 9000...

And Moardots would've cleaned up. In time. He just didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stick it through the growing period. From the moment I joined he was a sub-70% raider and he got plenty of loot, considering we weren't seeing tons of caster drops in NTOV/elsewhere. (at the moment the caster loot is on rot status, and the Rogue daggers are still non existent...)

We aren't "feeding" the Warriors or clerics first now, anymore at least. Bards are snagging BIS plate gear. Beastlords, rogues, monks getting AHR neck (none of whom are officers), and our cleric team is fully able to handle any content. Considering this is a guild that was behind on progression and came aboard basically when Velious popped, I'd reckon our current status shows one of two things.

A. Everquest is EZ. Play something else that's difficult.
B. Loot Council worked. DKP works. Loot is everywhere on Phinny.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Real talk: who is going to play the fresh start nostalrius server?
Closed Thread