Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm I wouldn't show up for anything that didn't drop loot I wanted if my guild was strictly /random

Yet another reason (among the many) that random is retarded
can confirm, loot whore ^

^.~
Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Kobold

"I deserve this the most" - EQ101
Old 12-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

"I didn't think I would get caught" - Loot Whore
Old 12-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I didn't think I would get caught" - Loot Whore
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm I wouldn't show up for anything that didn't drop loot I wanted if my guild was strictly /random
Your idea of a good time is spending your free time being coerced into doing something you don't actually want to do for its own sake? Each to their own, but I find that mindset baffling. I suspect you will too when you look back on things years later.

Danth
Old 12-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your idea of a good time is spending your free time being coerced into doing something you don't actually want to do for its own sake? Each to their own, but I find that mindset baffling. I suspect you will too when you look back on things years later.

Danth
I play EQ to advance my character. That's the ultimate point of the entire game whether you like it or not. At this point the only meaningful way to advance my characters is through raid loot. The vast majority of reputable raid guilds use DKP as their method of loot distribution. This gives incentives for everyone to show up to raids they don't particularly need so they can earn points to spend on stuff they do need in other raids. This is how EQ raiding has been for 17 years. Is this somehow news to anyone?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I play EQ to advance my character. That's the ultimate point of the entire game whether you like it or not. At this point the only meaningful way to advance my characters is through raid loot. The vast majority of reputable raid guilds use DKP as their method of loot distribution. This gives incentives for everyone to show up to raids they don't particularly need so they can earn points to spend on stuff they do need in other raids. This is how EQ raiding has been for 17 years. Is this somehow news to anyone?
Fuck not being able to edit in RNF. To further add on to this point. Even if you aren't in a DKP guild. Say a Loot Council guild. People STILL feel obligated to show up to shit they don't need anything from so they can earn invisible "Loot Council Favor" points on future raids where they do need things. You're lying through your fucking teeth if you don't think this is happening.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

not sure what world you live in where people are only motivated by things that solely benefit only them, sounds like a dark place
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure what world you live in where people are only motivated by things that solely benefit only them, sounds like a dark place
You realize how ironic this statement is coming from the leader of the shadow council with more loot than anyone else in his guild right? I'd talk like that too if I lead a loot council guild and could just snipe whatever loot I wanted :P
Old 12-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Banned

Also I'm playing a video game. What I try to do when playing video games is maximize the fun I'm having whilst playing them. Again the entire point of playing video games. I don't play video games for charity or to help save the world.
Closed Thread