Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Wizard raiding

Hello, I am an up and coming Wizard on the blue server and plan to do some raiding which I’m really looking forward to. I wanted to ask this group for advice for which nukes to cast and in what situations. I’m only level 44 now but can go on most raids starting at 52 and farming adventures really at my current level (even though I’ll suck).

My plan is:
Kunark 32k dragons/boss - Blast my Lures like crazy until I’m dead or they are.

Velious mid-tier raid farming (Arena, plate house, dragon Necropolis, halls of testing) mostly using appropriate lure, but throwing in more efficient nukes matched to their resists on blues.

Velious major tier - ( Vindi, Named Dragons, the occasional AoW/Statue) Lure once mob is very controlled by play it safe with aggro management.

Im also plan to stack resists and run in for the belly when applicable. I don’t have concussion yet, how critical is that for raiding?

I just want to ask more experienced raiders if I thinking about this right?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Your plan for Kunark Dragons will work well, especially if you have a crap ton of wizards doing the same thing. I believe Gore was killed in like 45 seconds once by a crap ton of wizards.

For Velious raiding, you can either get Hsagra's Wrath and Porlos' Fury to do 2k damage to many of the named giants and dragons. The problem is that each cast uses 2 peridots. IMO it's not worth going through 100-200pp per named kill. Alternatively, you can roll a rogue, which will out DPS a wizard in most situations.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

I've found helping out on golem pulls and eating DT a good use of my wizard. No iro.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Banned

get ready to be in the exp group
Old 01-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Banned

Mobilization ports and TL to bind are also huge in winning
Old 01-08-2021, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

What Zipity said.

Also for raiding, kunark dragons or velious - aim for 60 asap.
once your 60, your the best dps for kunark dragons, since u now also can rest the fear and dont instant die from aoes.

HoT, Vindi, other leaders, ToV dragons.. Lure is your best choice, or if u get the quest dragon/giant spells done, which both are 60, lure of ice also 60... so again, get to 60!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:54 AM
Kobold

Get good at kiting. Wizards do lots of it. Learn the raid zones inside and out. Pathing, spots on the ground that you can use to maintain elevation when levitating.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

Start quadding ASAP to get to 60 ASAP.
East Karana guards are awesome exp at this level an never camped. There are 2 near the zone to Gorge King Xorb, 3 guards by the docks, 3 by some houses near the bridge to North Karana for a total of 8 guards. They are higher level than the NK or WK guards so they give more exp. All are 35th level, repop is like 10-12 min. This is the best quadding (Circle of Force) up to level 49, 4%-6% a quad. I was getting 4%-6% a quad most non-hell levels. Hell levels exp will of course take a dip. At 49th level quad drops to 1%.
Next juicy quadding it Raptors at level 51, you need 51stl level spell Pillar of Frost to quad raptors because their HPs are so high, but you will start getting 4%-5% per quad again. Probably the best exp to take you to 60th. Just need to find that camp to take you 49-51.
You could hit 60 in a week easy.
Last edited by NPC; 02-27-2021 at 03:33 AM..
Old 02-27-2021, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just need to find that camp to take you 49-51.
TD spirocs is pretty solid for that range if you can hit it during non-peak hours. May be competing with lumi staff druids for those quads.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t have concussion yet, how critical is that for raiding?
Essential, I suggest working on that ASAP.
Closed Thread