Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Default 50+ necro camp with long spawn

Basically looking to get a bit of exp during the work day. Hoping to find a camp with 1-4 mobs that have decently long spawn times. Ideally something I can kill then tab out for half an hour or so waiting on respawns. Any ides on camps that might fit this?
Old 01-27-2021, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

The kind of camp you're looking for is often referred to as an "AFK camp" (because you can AFK in-between kills). Checking the https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide, it doesn't look like there are any "long spawn" camps for level 50 Necromancers ... but there are "AFK camps" (some of which are even marked as such in the guide; others aren't).

There are lots of guard camps at that level (elves, dwarves, halflings, humans, trolls, etc.), and most if not all have safe AFK spots. If you want to use your Necromancer anti-undead spells, there's the Spectral Keepers in various parts of Trakanon's Teeth (terrible loot, but I got my cleric several "solo AFK" levels there).

Finally, there's a couple of island spots that would also work. In OOT you have Seafuries (you can AFK at a nearby island ... or if you have an EB item, just off in the ocean somewhere ... and they sometimes drop gems). In Timorous Deep there's the Spirocs: no gems or other meaningful loot, but the XP is good, and there are lots of places on Spiroc island where you can safely AFK.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

There are 3 (level 40) FP guards in North Ro by the Inn.

2 by the Inn and the one right before you get to the sand.

24 minute spawn timer.

I usually sit by the Inn, only thing you have to check back on every now and then is a wandering cougar attacking you because you are sitting. I'll sit with my med book open so I can hover over the EQ tab and see if my book is still up (meaning no cougar attecked me) or no book (which means some cougar attacked me, my pet 1-shotted it) in that case I'll have to sit back down to med.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

I was thinking about posting a similiar thread as I'm getting a bit burned out on my necro looking for exactly what OP is looking for.

I ventured my hand at the Brownie Guards and did them a coupel times and got wrecked another. I may wait a few levels till they become a bit "easier". I know that sounds cheesy, but I'm looking for the same type of pretty safe, regular (even long spawn timer is okay) camp so I'm curious what other folks have to suggest.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 3 (level 40) FP guards in North Ro by the Inn.

2 by the Inn and the one right before you get to the sand.

24 minute spawn timer.

I usually sit by the Inn, only thing you have to check back on every now and then is a wandering cougar attacking you because you are sitting. I'll sit with my med book open so I can hover over the EQ tab and see if my book is still up (meaning no cougar attecked me) or no book (which means some cougar attacked me, my pet 1-shotted it) in that case I'll have to sit back down to med.
Added to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_40-44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_40-44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think he said they're in NRO not SRO
Old 01-27-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think he said they're in NRO not SRO
Whoops; fixed. Thanks for catching that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Dwarf guards are on a 24 min timer in BB.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Just find a dungeon, the spawn times are around 20-30 mins, and find room deep inside nobody ever really hangs out with 4 or so mobs, kill them, then FD while you work!

That's what I reckon. I bet in seb there is a spot. You may be low enough to do that in guk, killing some random dar's nobody cares about.

Edit: I guess if you're a necro that might be tough, but maybe HS is better for yah then btw!
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-27-2021 at 09:39 PM..
Old 01-27-2021, 10:16 PM
Banned

SolB - Guano room. Enter in from SolA.

There are a few bats -one is guano ph- plus Nox -LDC ph- roams to edge of room.

Exp plus two named.

When they green out go hit the LDCs and keep getting Nox and guano.
Closed Thread