Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Default A Suggestion...

Well it seems like Kunark is kinda in limbo since WI and their two player/devs have left. I do have a suggestion as to how we can add some new content before Kunark's release:

1) The devs could spend some time on the revamp of the planes. Revamping Hate and Fear would really make a difference. The challenge of taking on that content at max 50 would be a fucking blast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2) The Hole could be released. One more 40+ dungeon with a cool Boss mob would ROCK.

We are gonna stray from the goal of simulating 1999 anyway (we already have). I think these two ideas can be implemented fairly quickly but perhaps I am wrong. Anyways that's my 2cps.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

This server will stay legit. Ty.
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Kunark is not 'in limbo', despite what you may have read otherwise.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Good to know. Any updates to the probable release?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it seems like Kunark is kinda in limbo since WI and their two player/devs have left.
You have no idea what you're talking about :P The one developer that quit the game wasn't a content developer. The other one quit playing, but is still a developer. Kunark is worked on everyday. Kunark development doesn't rest solely on 1 or 2 people, thankfully. I guess I'll write up a content letter.

Quote:
I do have a suggestion as to how we can add some new content before Kunark's release:

1) The devs could spend some time on the revamp of the planes. Revamping Hate and Fear would really make a difference. The challenge of taking on that content at max 50 would be a fucking blast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2) The Hole could be released. One more 40+ dungeon with a cool Boss mob would ROCK.
No thanks. Things will progress as they should.

Quote:
We are gonna stray from the goal of simulating 1999 anyway (we already have).
We do the best we can to stay true to that goal, so I'll take this is as *you* wanting us to not stay true.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no idea what you're talking about :P
So true. We are all being kept in the dark about this, well all of us that are not devs. Please enlighten me.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We do the best we can to stay true to that goal, so I'll take this is as *you* wanting us to not stay true.
I just want new content. I don't want Kunark to be released and be buggy, that is all. Sky is still kinda buggy (I am no expert on Sky but the scripts are not functioning on 5 that is for sure).

I would love for the release to be a legit as possible. It would be a bummer if the same pattern that has been going since the start is repeated: content is released. It is not working right. Top guilds benefit from the bugs. Months later it is finally fixed.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Project Manager

Well I don't work on command.

When you see a thread posted by me with the date and/or progress of Kunark development, then you'll have what you seek. Kunark isn't even overdue on the historical timeline, so be patient.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

As long as all of the prenerf shit is dropping a good long time in kunark I will be happy.

I am still aggravated with how thex daggers were put in sneaky like and poofed sneaky like. But, whatever, they're not a big deal.
Last edited by Harrison; 09-19-2010 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: typo! weeeee
Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be a bummer if the same pattern that has been going since the start is repeated: content is released. It is not working right. Top guilds benefit from the bugs. Months later it is finally fixed.
Sounds more like a rant and/or flame.

I know you're not a developer here, but surely you can see how posts like this are annoying.

If you have a problem in one hand, have a solution in the other, please.
Closed Thread